Tuesday, December 16, 2008

winter

Winter is here. I hate it.
Not really, but I abhor driving in the snow. Or, I suppose I detest the other drivers...you know, the big SUV drivers that blast by me and others en route to their important destination. It hasn't been too bad, but I am not enjoying the cold. On Sunday, our heater didn't work. I'll admit, it was cold. My room wasn't too bad, but the rest of the house was an ice box. Of course, this is the night that Chichi returned home and had to deal with the igloo we call home.
Well, her cousin figured out the problem and we had heat.
Today, I started a load of laundry. 45 minutes later, I went down to put it in the dryer and found that the washer had quit working at the beginning of the cycle. I called my landlord, twice in two days, and left a message. It is annoying, but what I am supposed to do? I know that eventually, I will drive to my aunt's house to finish the laundry. I am enjoying my bed too much, for now.
I have never actually owned a bed. When I moved to Lawrence, I brought a twin sized bed that was my mom's boyfriend's bed. It was tiny, but fit nicely in my studio apartment.
I lived in Tempe for a few years and my friend, Mike, left his house furnished with a few beds and an amazing sectional down sofa. I used his futon when I moved in with Ty and Greg and left it in Arizona when I relocated to Denver.
Bryn had a bed for me and then of course, I lived with Brian. I didn't feel right sleeping in our bed when he passed away and so his bed is in Wisconsin with his parents.
My friend, Margo, gave me her bed when she moved to Salt Lake. It was a beautiful gesture, but I couldn't get the bed into the basement of my place. Instead, I slept on Sara's bed when she and Ace moved downstairs and I took the upstairs room.
Now, I sleep on one of Chichi's beds and it is comfortable and I am used to it. She is moving back to Oregon on Friday and so now, I have a bed. I figure that one day, necessity will force me to buy one and it has to be spectacular since I have made it this long without actually buying one.
Winter has started and it will only get more interesting. Yoga has helped me retain my serenity in every aspect of life. I am hoping that it will continue to make me peaceful while driving amongst idiots....

No comments: