Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Being kind to myself

Continuing with the positive vibes/outlets/thoughts, I am making today a "Me" Day. Granted, I work later, but until then, I am doing positive things for me.
Currently, I am listeing to Corrine Bailey Rae. I love her! Sara Jo turned me onto her cd a few weeks ago. Since then, I have been an avid listener. Soulful, bluesy, somewhat sad, but perfect for my mood.
I am buying flowers. Have you ever considered how they make you smile? I am not saying, I need a guy to buy me flowers to make me feel good about myself--I don't. I just love how beautiful they make a room look. They brighten my day.
Last year, for my birthday, I was given a reading. The reader suggested using more essential oils or flowers in my daily life. I thought it was interesting, but didn't really start practicing it, until last week, when I made dinner. I stopped into the local Whole PayCheck (Whole Foods--conveniently, located a block away from my house) and saw vibrant flowers--daisies, carnations and others. I made a special trip back, to buy some.
This week, I will buy something different to brigthen my mood and my space.
I am heading to Herbs and Arts for an annoited candle. Again, another way, to be kind to myself and hopefully, find some new earrings, too. I have diminished my stock with being lazy. I swear, I love earrings, but either have lost the backs to them or am careless when I take them off. I have several solo earrings around my house. I am changing that today. I want a new travel pair. Either Herbs And Arts should have them, or Peppermint--this great eclectic shop on 17th. The store owners also run Pandora which is interesting, too. They have similar products, but not too much overlap.
The Goddess canceled our run. I am bummed since I wanted to treat her to cupcakes. I think it will have to wait until I return from Seattle. At least, I will have entertaining stories for the run, instead of sadness, at the upcoming weekend.
Tomorrow, I hope to paint my room. It is depressing. The color is beige and not painted well. There are splotches of new paint over old paint. Basically, the paint job was done in a hurried, crappy fashion.
I am taking the time to be kind to myself. I hope you do the same. Flowers change my mood. What inspires you?

2 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

Have a wonderful "me" day girl! I love picking up fresh flowers too, how can you not smile when you see them!

harmony said...

It was excellent in spite of the necessity of work.
Flowers, earrings, a candle and finished it with carrot cake. I had to be decadent!