Sunday, June 20, 2010

5 days of debauchery begins...


And so it begins....five days with Jan, in Denver...
Normally, I fly to Phoenix, disrupt her life and return to Denver. I am honored to be able to show her my perspective of the greatness of this city.
I enjoy Phoenix. I do. Let me clarify. I enjoy visiting Phoenix for my friends, Los Dos Molinos and the Phoenician. I couldn't live there, again, though. It is too spread out, hot and concrete.
Denver is home to me. I can honestly say that. I love it here.
I hope to head west to the mountains for a little retreat, but spend the majority of Jan's trip in Denver. There is so much to explore and love about this little gem of a city.
I am undecided on what restaurants to eat at---Elway's, Solera, Fruition, Squeaky Bean, El Tejado (she loves mexican food), etc. There are multiple options and little time.
Plus, the Red Sox are in town. It will be an excellent atmosphere to enjoy downtown. Of course, we will go to the Falling Rock since she enjoys beer, too. I have stocked Stella and chips and salsa to be an accomodating hostess. She, too, is a chips/salsa aficionado.
Then, there is the Botannical Gardens, Red Rocks, the Zoo, City Park Jazz, etc. to name a few sight seeing options. I haven't been to the Gardens in years or the Art Museum for that matter. It should be fun to view Denver as a tourist for a few days.
If I have time, I will update our adventures while doing them. Otherwise, catch you on the back end. Also, Happy Father's Day to all of you Father's. I spoke to mine earlier and he didn't really like the quotable card I sent. I found a fantastic quote (I thought). I wasn't too terribly concerned that Ted Kennedy said it. It did cross my mind that my dad wouldn't get past that aspect of it. And, I was right. During our conversation he mentioned the card and that Ted Kennedy had no morals. I guess the quote was completely worthless in my dad's mind.....

No comments: