Thursday, June 10, 2010

One thing about me....



Joy.
Me.
Joy=Me, in 2010. Or, finding a joyful place in 2010. This year is about joy. Shari and I decided that on February 28th of this year. Yes, this year is about joy. I walked to Safeway earlier, and thought of my blog and considered doing a post of things you do not know about me. There are probably several things. The one thing, most important thing about me, that you might not know, is that I lost my soul mate in 2006. I lost my heart.
Most of it, that is...I have many memories, photos. I have a lifetime of memories that occurred in three and a half years. I know. It seems brief and maybe a little naive. But, I stand firm in this belief. I met the love of my life in 2002, fell in love, and believed that I would spend the rest of my life with him.
Because of this, I think my perspective of life and happiness is different than most other people my age. I am reminded daily of the need to say what I mean/feel since you never know how much time you have. Life is short. Too short.
I hear things, negative things, and it makes me sad. Recently, I learned that someone close to me, might have cancer. I am so sad for how this will effect my family. I am sad that as much as I know life is short, I still need the reminders of it. Cancer, lymphoma, terminal illness happens daily. We should all laugh, experience joy, drink wine, feel fat, eat carrot cake, steak, etc. Yes, eat steak. I sampled this particular ribeye at Elway's and it was amazing.
And, friends equate to joy. I am fortunate to have many friends that make me smile and experience life.
Please enjoy tonight. Find joy. Smile.

No comments: