Thursday, April 7, 2022

Detox, basketball, taxes and life

Detox cleanse went well.  Provided insight on how to attempt a balance between eating clean and enjoying life.  Enjoying life.  Meaning enjoying wine and not feeling guilty about it.  

In the last few months, I have had several conversations about alcohol. I have had a few acquaintances die from their reliance on alcohol and a few others come to the edge of it.  It seems accessible in your twenties. If you are hungover it is more manageable than being in your 30's or 40's.  As I have seen friends decide to stop drinking, it is something that is on my mind. I enjoy the socializing aspects of it.  In addition, I enjoy wine with dinner.  That being said, I also enjoy breaks from it.  Maybe to prove that I am not reliant on it.

The last week has been interesting. Lots of celebrating March Madness.  RCJH!  It was an epic game.  I watched it at Elway's with friends.  Then, I watched it again.  And loved it.  I think I floated around my life for three days this week.  

I try to patient and considerate.  If not, compassionate.  My current accountant is frustrating me.  I sent her my information before I left for Florida with the hope that she would address the paperwork in February.  Instead, after reaching out tonight and expressing my need to mentally prepare for the taxes, she asked me two questions that could have been addressed immediately.  Actually, had she reviewed her notes to me, she could have referenced one of the questions she asked.  It was definitely on the irritating side.  I want to be understanding.  I am frustrated and basically waiting to hear back.

I have a trip to Santa Fe on Sunday.  It should be great and necessary.  A little break to reset and identify what is important.  I struggle at times with how to navigate my direction.  Ultimately, I know that everything will be fine and work out.  I question the means.  But, I know I am okay.

I hope to return to cooking more at home and being mindful in some of those decisions.  It is easy to rely on convenience.  However, it is like compounding the calories and maxing out the day. I need to be more mindful of that.  I want to continue to be doing donkey kicks when I am 70, lol.

Life is what you make of it.  If you put your mind to a task, you complete it.  If you focus on distraction, gossip or negativity you stay in that zone.  I want to be moving upward and onward.

No comments: