Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Spread kindness and joy

I have been in Kansas the last few days.  It was lovely to spend time with the Littles and see my dad.  We grilled steaks, enjoyed tacos, and I brought Juno (my juicer).  Initially, I thought I would leave her home and not juice for while at my sister's house.  Yet, then I realized that I had a considerable amount of watermelon that would go bad if I didn't utilize it.  And several red bell peppers and a few other vegetables.  I hate wasting produce.  

And, sometimes, I impulse buy produce.  Bell peppers are on sale.  Yes, I need them even if I do not at all.  I like the idea of a sale, lol.  I overindulged on the watermelon and peppers.  Oh, and tomatoes.  I found tomatoes for 99 cents a pint and couldn't not buy three pints.  The tomatoes, watermelon, strawberries and peppers made their way to Kansas with me.  I managed to avoid juicing in front of my nephew, Mason.  He wakes up later than I do and I did not know how involved he would want to be.  I believed he would want to run the juicer with me.  He didn't.  

So, I used watermelon, pepper, ginger, turmeric and berries today.  It did not go over well.  I think the ginger was too spicy for Mason.  Perhaps when he is a tad bit older, he will enjoy the fresh juice daily.  I swear by it.

Many times, in the last few weeks, I have chosen to remain positive.  Instead of sinking into that lower energy frequency, I have forced myself to take a few additional breaths to remain calm.  Refusing to engage in road rage, nasty emails or situations that I can control.  I am able to focus on kindness and joy.  I suppose part of that is due to the fact that I am viewed reviews where it is evident that the customer is emotional.  It comes across in the tone of their explanation or reasoning as to why they are reviewing a service.  My suggestion, instead of immediately posting a review, sleep on it.  Take the night to reflect on how you really are feeling.  Maybe consider your participation in it.  Or why you are truly upset.  Were you mad that the server didn't pay enough attention (in your opinion) to your birthday?  Or that your dining companion knew the owner at some point?  Take a moment and recognize that most people are doing the best that they can.  We are still recovering from the shut down and how to navigate and maneuver social interactions.  Be kind, not entitled.

I am off of the soap box.  Perhaps, I am getting older and realize that these are petty things to put energy into.  Road rage, responding to yelp reviews or emails that are aggressive.  I intend to respond with kindness and joy.  Take the emotion out of it and keep it moving.


No comments: