Friday, August 25, 2023

yoga, heat and other issues

Last night's session was a success.  New people and gorgeous energy.  We had a nice ice breaker where I learned a few new things about some of my clients.  One was named after a character in Little House on the Prairie.  Another, with the same name, was named after a Stephen King novel.  It was entertaining and a great way to start the experience.

Since Tuesday, I have been hiding out in my apartment.  As it has been 96 plus, daily (yuck) I became discouraged by the heat.  And, yes, I know that it could be worse.  Much, much worse.  There are heat waves around the country, wildfires, flooding.  It is manageable in Denver for the most part.  I am bitter that I am unable to use the air conditioning unit that I have.  I think this might be my final summer in this apartment.  Trying to sleep when it is that hot is uncomfortable.  I tried the method of wetting a washcloth and placing it on my chest or around my neck.  It is okay.  Not fantastic.  I still woke up around 3:30 and lamented the heat.  I am over it!  I am ready for relief and a pure night of sleep.

I am trying to figure out a space for the fall and winter months.  The park has been fantastic, and I am very thankful that people have been consistently attending.  The 9 am time slot has been perfect.  Not too early and still ample time to enjoy the day.  I do not know how to make it work at the Jazzercise studio as the first opportunity to teach yoga is 7 am or after 10:30 on the weekends.  I do not know how that sounds to my clients.  7 am seems early and the 11 am slot might not be approachable for people who enjoy watching football among other weekend activities.  It is something that I am pondering.  Where to teach yoga once the weather changes.

I keep being reminded that we do create our realities.  I have been wanting to work for myself.  I am trying to make it happen. Some days are incredibly productive and wins.  Other days, the mindset is full of doubts, fears, insecurities.  I find myself thinking of returning to the service industry full time to ensure having income continuing.  But that thought is terrifying.  I know that I am making a difference by teaching yoga and building community.  I am good at it and I enjoy it.  

I suppose that is why people insist you find your own why when embarking on being an entrepreneur.  Why they insist you have to know what that is for you personally.  Otherwise, it is easy to return to doing what you have always done.  Why is that the norm?

I should meditate more.  I think that will help me stay on this chosen course.  I intend to teach yoga and build community.

Make it a beautiful day!

No comments: