Thursday, October 27, 2022

CELEBRATIONS AND PODCASTS

Happy Thursday!  What a beautiful day.  And, it is my nephew's birthday.  He is six today!  I saw him on a zoom call, last night, and tried to tell him happy birthday.  He was having no part of it.  He is such a stinker.

Life is grand, right?  I suppose it is what we make of it.  It can be inspiring.  Challenging.  Hard.  It truly is how you start that your day that determines how you will feel or what you may encounter.  

I have been listening to more podcasts lately.  Some political, some manifestation, inspiring and recently, Ear Hustle.  I have heard about this podcast in the past.  I think I wrote it down, somewhere.  There are so many podcasts out there.  I could go down the rabbit hole of the Daily, Vox, This American Life.  I know there are episodes that I should avoid as they will trigger the rabbit hole.  Still, I have been listening to more of the political podcasts to assess how we are at this current spot.  I have enjoyed watching some of the debates between candidates.  Watching how they react to the questions and trying to stay on message in spite of the others trying to force them into a spontaneous reaction.  You can tell a lot of prep work went into it to eliminate that chance.  They seem robotic.

I hope that you vote and that you aren't turned off by the proposed apathy.  There are several reasons to feel that way.  However, it is your right to have your voice heard.  

Tom is visiting me tomorrow and I am thankful.  At first, I wanted to venture down to Santa Fe.  Test out the new Volvo and see how Freya does on the drive down.  Then, I remembered it was his turn to explore Denver.  I see H Mart and a few other asian markets on the horizon.  Possibly a stroll down Federal or Alameda to discover more of the ethnic foods.  The other night, Brie and I met for a quick supper.  Instead of heading to Cherry Creek or downtown, we opted for a Thai spot near my house.  Even with a bottle of wine, it was still affordable.  I appreciated that we enjoyed fantastic food and wine and didn't break the bank.

There I go--speaking in limiting beliefs.  I am trying to retrain my subconscious mind to eliminate the negativity and limiting thoughts.  There are ample resources.  I know this and it helps me when I struggle to find the way forward.  Sometimes, working for yourself is not all that.  Most times.  It is challenging to not obsess on the why's or how to's.   Sometimes, you must believe it and allow it to happen.

I will celebrate this weekend with Tom.  I like showing him more of Denver.  Perhaps find some time for yoga, too.

Cheers to the 27th!  Celebrate, enjoy and taste life~

No comments: