Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Happy October

New laptop. New opportunities to write and share.  Opportunity to vote--doesn't it feel great?  We all should do our part.  More than ever, your voice matters.  

After 2016, I did feel discouraged.  Then, I watched a senate run off in 2020 that determined control of the senate.  Your vote does matter.  

I received my mail in ballot yesterday.  And, I love it!  Living in Colorado where voting is made easy.  (as it should be.  People should not be making it challenging or difficult to cast a vote).  I urge you to take the time to vote.

Indian summer in Denver.  My absolute favorite time of year.  Warmer days and cooler nights.  Possibility to harvest the seeds you have planted.  Or consider how you can change your mindset to achieve goals.  I have been offering a yoga happy hour, monthly, which I hope to continue to offer.  I love it.  I love the idea of connecting people and building community.  As much as I love this, it is difficult, at times.  Injury, travel, other set backs which limit offering this unique class.  I spoke with a fellow entrepreneur and he made me doubt myself. Perhaps, not intentionally.  But, he did question some of my decisions. Suggested that I attend a yoga class to see what others are offering.

That was laughable.  I have been practicing yoga since 2001.  Not that I don't appreciate attending classes and seeing what is out there.  Yet, for what I am offering, it isn't about yoga.  I want to differentiate myself from other classes by incorporating movement and time to build community.  This includes light appetizers and wine. I am not going to learn how to market myself by attending a yoga class.

And, there are variables that are out of my control.  I have to marinate in this decision to seek an unconventional path.  But, when have I not been unconventional? That is something else that this person does not recognize or acknowledge.

He did give me a few valid things to ponder and consider.  Maybe I should offer another donation based class, weekly?  Or, perhaps, I could offer a yoga session at my apartment?  I am unwilling to give up.  I want to make this work.  Things I have been avoiding (website), it's time to face and do.  I have the foundation built.  Only lack the desire to follow through.

I hope you are enjoying your October and making it the best it can possibly be.  Cheers to you!

No comments: