Monday, May 15, 2023

Another rainy day in Denver

I know we need the moisture.  Yet I am ready for the return of the sun.  I love the weather in Denver and how sunny it is (normally).  I am not ready for one hundred degrees, but I do want to bask in the sunlight.

Waking up to this inspires me to hibernate.  Find some soup, hot tea and hunker down.  Maybe stay on the couch.  I know that I cannot achieve that laziness today.  I have admin, graphics and communication to handle.  My next yoga happy hour is at the end of the month.  The final Tuesday of May.  I need to promote it to my clients and make it accessible to others in the neighborhood.  I have opportunity to expand and grow. 

Packing for California.  I am uncertain about how to pack.  Will it be rainy in San Francisco?  Should I bring jeans and a hoodie?  Tom would prefer if I wore short dresses the entire time.  I know yoga pants will be included and a swimsuit or two.  We do have pool access at two of the accommodations.  Hopefully, they will be open and available. When we visited Wichita Falls, the pool was closed.  

I am still undecided about what to bring and how much wine to purchase.  I think I could ship wine to Tom's address.  It might be easier than sending it to mine.  I want to buy wine from Jarred.  He is an old friend, and I am sure his wine is great.  We are stopping by his tasting room on Wednesday to discover what wines are available.  I feel that we might spend more time there than anticipated.  

Our schedule is flexible until Friday.  Thursday, we will meet up with a former colleague of mine in Calistoga or Healdsburg for a bite to eat.  Lauren has lived in wine country for the last four or five years.  We have kept in contact as she visits Denver.  Cool chick.  And Tom is easy to chat with.  He can basically talk to anyone.  Then, we are required to check into the hotel and meet up with folks from Santa Fe.  I believe the introductory meeting is late afternoon in Healdsburg for the wine festival.  One of the board members is hosting a cocktail hour in their room.

On Friday, Tom has to attend breakfast meetings.  I am given the option to join spouses/partners for breakfast.  Yet, I will be teaching yoga remotely.  I have scheduled a few classes to occupy my time and keep me focused on my business.  Then, we are treated to a few winery tours.  Multiple tastings, lunch/dinner and then the main event on Saturday.  Thankfully, we have the option to walk to the festival. I think that is preferable to taking a shuttle or arranging a car.  

I cannot wait to attend the festival.  I am curious as to which wineries will participate and what food will be provided.  How it differs from the wine festival in Santa Fe?  How it is marketed.  Very curious to attend.

The food will be off the hook.  I have no doubt about that.  As noted, Tom and I have left a lot of things unplanned.  I think it will be exciting this way.

Make it a beautiful Monday!  Even if it is raining where you live.

No comments: