Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Black skies and unhappy runner visions

What happened to the sun?
Of course, on the day, that I had a running date set up, it is sleeting. YUCK!!! I hate this weather. Yesterday was glorious. I walked to Cherry Creek to savor the sun and how it made me feel.
When I woke up, this morning, the sun was shining and life was positive. Endless opportunities and growth. I foolishly believed that the weather forecasters were wrong. I hoped for sunshine.
My running partner (Barefoot Runner) texted and said--why don't we go now so we can avoid the rain/snow that is supposed to start at 2?
Had I not been working, I would have loved to have went running at Eleven am.
But, work won that round.
At noon, there was a hint of foreboding. The sun still was shining and I was hopeful that running would be doable at 5.
One o'clock and the sky changed. Black clouds and ominous sky. My running hopes were crushed.
By two, it was raining.
Now, I wait to stretch, grab my poncho and head to Wash Park. I found a poncho, somehow, remembered that Brian had one in our old apartment. I knew that it was in my junk drawer/junk box of stuff that I never seem to get around to unpacking.
This will be challenging, but I am committed to running. The marathon is in a month and my taper does not officially start for another ten days. I have one more 16 mile run to contend with before I can rest.
I want the sun back! Very sad..........

No comments: