Sunday, November 20, 2011

still no service....

I still do not have internet service and my neighbors remain indifferent.  I have been working, a lot, and so my hours of interaction with them are limited.  However, I did almost run one of them over last night since he cut in front of me on his bike.  When I arrived home, I told him that I thought it was him on the bike and he agreed.  I continued with--by the way....I still do not have internet service.  His response, yea, I have friends in town and they were unable to access the wi-fi, too.  I don't understand it.  I would like to say that it will be fixed soon, but I don't understand why it isn't working...
Then, he ran away.
I had the night off and so I went to a local restaurant to be a "civilian" again.  I was unimpressed with my meal and exhausted.  Otherwise, I would have pushed for a different establishment.  I just didn't have it in me to be persuasive.  Moreover, there was a big rivalry football game in Tempe which further limited options.  In hindsight, I should have insisted driving into Phoenix to have a nice glass of wine.  Post game, my sleep was interrupted by car alarms, fire trucks and the train.  Long night, indeed.  I considered standing outside to figure out whose alarm was going off every ten minutes for an hour.  Who does that?
Today, in an attempt to use service at home, I went to my neighbor's house to borrow their ether cord.  The other night, they offered to let me come over whenever I wanted to use this cord.  Keep in mind, these are three college students.  Their place reeks of cat and boy.  Not a great combination to relax in.  The one that answered the door seemed surprised to see me and then handed me the cord and shut his door.  Surprise.  Surprise.  No service with the cord either.
Instead of bothering him, I unplugged the cord and am now in a starbuck's.  Of course, I love coffee but this is not going to be my solution.  The christmas music is a bit much.  I can't freely write or relax.  No cat smell, thanfully, but still, not a solution to my issue.
I am going to have to break down and get my own service established.  Tomorrow or by the end of the week.  Must have service so that when I want to use the internet, I can.  Friday night I closed the restaurant and walked into my place at 3:40 am.  I showered and think, I fell asleep at 4:30.  My day shift started at 8.  Tough turnaround to say the least and really, all, I wanted to do when I got home was check some things on line. My neighbors cavalierly suggested me using their cord whenever I wanted...until I pointed out my current hour's situation.  Then, they didn't seem as interested in helping me.
Work has been fantastic.  I love it.  I must take time to care for myself though.   Laryngitis is an indication of how poor I have been treating myself.  Dehydrated, poor diet and lack of running created my current state.  Running the Las Vegas 1/2 should be fun in two weeks.  I am hoping that Jennifer and Shari will be kind to me with my finish time.  Bellagio Spa here I come.
I need to buy plane tickets.  Not planning on doing it at the Starbuck's though.  Yet, another reason, I need internet service at home.  I am annoyed with this situation.....
Beautiful Sunday and I am able to blog now.  Must stop complaining about things I am unwilling to change til later next week.  I remain hopeful that the boys will fix the internet situation.
Until later....

No comments: