Friday, April 13, 2018

Clean living

My friend, Jenn, put together a meet up sort of group for April.  Mostly motivated by her upcoming milestone birthday, she arranged this effort to inspire others to be fit and fabulous in April.  Be it--cut back on alcohol, exercising more, trying new methods of exercise or modifying your food intake.  She has a large group of friends that are very active on social media.  The minute she created the group, people were contributing how they were personally hoping to participate.  She added me to the group and I am participating in my own way.  I will not post anything about my progress or lack of.  Instead, I sometimes, lurk on her site to see what others are doing. 
April is one third finished and I will be honest, I have not made much effort to improve my fabulous self.  I sort of stopped clean living.  You know....chips sound good.  And olive oil is great to cook with and I won't use as much.  Simple things like that that had enabled me to slim down quickly with simple alternates.  The last month, well, I got lazy.  I wanted to eat chips and salsa.  Oh, and I have discovered that I enjoy spaghetti and meat balls.  And, I have not fully engaged in the cut back on my wine intake.  I suppose that will never really happen.  Wine is a staple in my diet.  I enjoy meeting friends for a glass of wine and cooking with wine.
I continued to work our--multiple yoga classes mixed in with a few barre.  I walk to work and have been trying to support others desires to be healthy.  I walked around Wash Park with a co-worker yesterday.  It is not a complete loss.  I have been active, walking, and listening to a ton of music on Pandora.  I have been meditating a little and reading too.  My colleague gave me a stack of books that he no longer wants or needs.  Many of them are classics which I need to be in the mood for--Sophie's Choice, All the King's Men, some Virginia Wolfe...amongst others.  I think leading a clean, mindful life will unleash something in me that needs to happen.  I do not know what it entails, exactly, it just feels necessary.
I met with my trainer this morning and saw that I am in the beginning of a backslide.  I feel stronger and capable.  It's just the nutrition that is slowing me down.  And stress.  I have been meeting friends for happy hour today which I enjoy but sort of is counterproductive in living a clean lifestyle.  I considered canceling my session today.  Allergies and just not motivated.  I forced myself to go since I knew that I would benefit from the work out and bouncing ideas off of Courtney.  She is always up for good suggestions and thinking outside the box.  Today she did not disappoint.  My arms are mush and I know that I will feel the effects of the work out in my core tomorrow.  I did teach a few of my clients this week and I work out alongside them.  Lots of core work, planks and push-ups.  I only teach what I have always tried myself.  So, it wasn't a complete loss.  And, I cannot beat myself up over one week.  Or two.  I can only plan on doing better tomorrow. 
I want to continue to strengthen and develop my health regime.  I enjoy being exposed to many different mediums of getting fit.  This older gal approached me after her session and told me I was an inspiration to her and the other ladies she works out with.  I thought that was so kind and it sort of reinvigorated me.  It returned me to the badass mindset.  I think I needed to hear it and believe it.
I will continue to clean live this weekend.  I have a client on Sunday and next week will bring more opportunities to teach.  There might be an audition in my near future, too.
My friend will continue to host her meet up group.  I look forward to seeing some of the results and I should probably actually participate for one of the weeks.  Severely cutting back on drinking wine.  I can do it for one week.  At least....

No comments: