Monday, July 8, 2013

Finding positive thoughts

Yea, it's hot.  I live in Phoenix.  It's not like I didn't know what I was signing up for...every year, in May, it slowly increases, the temperature, that is.  One day, you wake up, and it's 110.  Yuck!  Not going to lie.  It sucks and what sucks more is knowing that there is no reprieve until November.  That's right.  November.
So, you sweat and dream of other places.  I arrange travel and attempt to spend some time outside without wilting.  The majority of intelligent people head to San Diego, the mountains or home if you are a snow bird for the intense months of the summer.
I feel like I have been caught up in the complain arena the last weekend.  How can I not be?  I am surrounded by people that are complaining about the heat, the fact that it's slow in the service industry, etc.  I try to stay positive but sometimes succumb to the b.s.
Then, I read a post on social media about a girl I used to babysit for.  She's suffering from a rare disease where lesions attack the brain and organs.  I read it and think--what the heck am I complaining about the heat for?  Or listening to the negative crap people are spouting off over?  This girl is truly suffering.  She has something to complain about.  Yet, she's still smiling, fighting and hopeful.  I should take a lesson from her.
On that note, I am going to stop focusing on stupid stuff.  I am definitely going to yoga today and then I am paying it forward.  I intend to send a note to Chantel and her family and also find other ways to give back to the community and be positive.
The heat is not going to change.  I might as well embrace it and make the most out of it.  I do have a wonderful life.  If I choose to let people affect me with their manipulations, obligation, guilt, what have you, then it is my fault for not changing my perspective.  I don't have to buy into their b.s.  I can choose to be positive and see the best in them.  Their strengths and maybe inspire them to stop being so negative or gleeful when trying to stick it to someone.
Today is a new day and I am making it a great one.  Yoga, wine, followed by a much needed massage. In the off times, I will write notes and spread the sunshine of Monday.  Cheers!

No comments: