Thursday, July 16, 2020

throwback Thursday edition

I decided to scroll through my photos that are on my laptop and randomly select a photo.  So here it is....completely, random photo.  I didn't select an image.  I chose the jpeg. Still a fantastic memory. I was in Hoi An, Vietnam, on a quest to enjoy food, travel and massages. Shari and I spent three weeks in Southeast Asia--Bangkok, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.  We found this spa on our second day in Hoi An. The owner was so kind and we enjoyed our services--hour long massages, that we chose to return two days later for pedicures and massages. It was a fantastic decision.
I miss travel.  I won't lie.  It is frustrating to not be able to arrange a trip or know when traveling outside of the U.S. will be an option. Of course, there are a few countries in the Caribbean we can go to which is great. I am used to being able to go wherever I want to. I am concerned that our trip in 2021 will be local. Either in the midwest or possibly west coast. It all will depend on how the next six months unfolds. 
I will continue to be diligent in my health, wellness and memories. Spreading positivity and kindness. I hope you enjoy your Thursday and take a moment to reflect on an area of your life that brings you happiness. It could be family, food, trips, clothes, cars, etc....anything that speaks to you. For me, I will always want travel in my life.  I have benefitted so much from those experiences and people I have met during my journeys. My last trip was to Barcelona in February2020. I am so thankful that Shari and I went to Spain before everything shut down.  I will always remember how wonderful it was to explore the pedestrian friendly city. I ate my weight in jamon, haha....Have a fantastic Thursday. Cheers!

No comments: