Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July

Happy 4th of July.
Celebrate. Enjoy and be safe.
I don't have plans.
I went running with my group, but didn't feel it, at all, this morning. It was humid and it makes a huge difference in the running world, for me. I felt like I was running through sludge. I was irritable and affected by the elements. Yuck!
It is over and I feel better. I did it and now I can relax.
I think I will head up to the Arts Festival for a bit and coffee. I am ready for an excellent cup of Peet's coffee. I am dreaming of it. I can taste it. I can smell it. I am in heaven. Coffee is a must.
In other news...I signed up for the Georgetown Idaho Springs Half Marathon. Team in Training sent me an e-mail about it. The 1/2 marathon is in a month. I feel it will be a good trial run of long distance for me. I suppose it will be a great indicator of if I can handle the full or if I should stick with the 1/2. After today's outing, I think I can barely do a 10k. It was pathetic. I just wasn't into it, today. We ran 8 miles. I am pretty sure and the Goddess and Jamie were supportive of my stops and talked me through it. I still haven't named Jamie, but it is coming. She is so calm and laid back while running, too.
My friends have plans of drinking and debauchery. Of course I enjoy this, but I am working, early, tomorrow morning and want to be able to enjoy some time off. I might sleep the day away....

1 comment:

Searching Soul said...

Happy 4th of July to you!

There are times when we feel so down and under the power of all the elements. Sleep could be the best solution.

Be well always.