Wednesday, July 1, 2009

One clear channel

Actually, I think I have 10 channels that are clear--spanish, religious and cartoons. I believed I would have NBC, seeing that I am right down the street, similar to ABC, but no. I only have CBS, which is fine. I can watch CSI and the Young and the Restless...what a tribute to my life, right? All for paying the internet.
I did watch Hulu last night and saw Arrested Development. Whatever happened to that show? It was brilliant, so quirky and bizarre. I think I saw the finale, last night. I don't know. I just laughed.
I will appreciate any book suggestions or books to borrow for those of you in the metro area. I found, Three Cups, that my cousin, Jessie, lent me months ago. I am such a slacker. She impressed to me the importance of reading The Time Traveler's Wife, which I did. As a result of that endeavor, Three Cups, got buried under my pile of clutter that continues to grow. I try to tidy up, but always, have random addresses, letters, mail, assrorted clutter, everywhere. I need to downsize of simplify this aspect of my life!
Yes, I need books. I embrace reading this summer.
I am not a Janet Evanovich fan. I found this out on my last venture to the library. Please make suggestions or bring me books, if you are near me:)
I need to soak up something besides the sun, this summer. Be well....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Harmony! First let me thank you for your visit to Reduce Footprints and for spreading the "green" word. I know it's a cliche but ... I really believe that together we can change the world.

Next ... for a book recommendation. A book that I fell in love with is "The Four Agreements". It's a simple book but has a huge impact. My step-daughter recommended "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck. I haven't read it yet but she and her husband say it's fabulous.

Ahhh ... a summer of reading ... what could be better. :)

Have fun!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

harmony said...

Thank you for the recommendations. I have seen the Four Agreements, but haven't read it. I have read Grapes of Wrath and am sure that I will enjoy East of Eden.
Yes, I, too, believe that we can change the world...one day at a time and grass roots is defitely the way. Kudos to you.