Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Chaos ensues

What a day!  I woke up to check my rear driver's side tire.  Last night before I went into work, my neighbor mentioned that my back tire was flat.  Panicked, briefly.  My neighbor fixes and flips cars on a regular basis.  Of course, he had a mini air compressor that would be able to inflate my tire.  He noted that I should watch it but he didn't see any obstructions in the tire.  I drove to work and when I was finished, I felt that the tire had held the air.  Grateful, I went to bed and rested easily.  

I woke up this morning knowing that I had a full day ahead of me.  Donation based class at 9:30, eye appointment down south at 12:30 with a follow up beverage to thank my friend, virtual class at 3:15 and finally a Detox to Retox session at 6 pm.  Somewhere during this full day I needed to complete the prep work for the yoga happy hour.  Cut vegetables, create the dishes and ensure that I had proper plateware.  I was excited for my eye appointment.  It has been over a year and a half since my last exam.  Religiously, I schedule eye exams.  Until my optometrist retired and didn't tell me.  Oh, another disappointment of the pandemic.

Regardless, I knew I needed to be productive.  

I woke up.  Did my normal routine--juice, make coffee, listen to a podcast, clean juicer and take vitamins.  I went outside to check my tire and it was visibly losing air.  I considered airing it up at a nearby service station and reconsidered.  I called a tire shop that was open in route to the gas station.  I wanted to assess how busy they were and try to get the tire patched as soon as possible.  I had left my apartment in leisure ware and sporting glasses.  Looking sharp, lol.  The tire shop was open and had opportunity to assess the leak if I was able to get there soon.

I returned home, changed into yoga attire, grabbed my yoga mat and gear before heading to east Colfax.  I was attended to immediately and notified that I had ran over a screw.  They would be unable to patch it due to the location of the screw.  CRAP!  

I tried to assess the best way to proceed.  I could drive my car home to shower before my class and wait for them to contact me about when they had the new tire.  Or I could leave the car at the tire shop.  Walk to the jazzercise studio to teach the 9:30 class.  I was prepared with my yoga mat and mats.  I chose to leave my car and head north towards the jazzercise studio.  I only regretted not including my charger in case my phone died.

I texted my optometrist that I would need to reschedule.  I didn't think I could fit that in the mix without a vehicle.  The tire shop guys seemed confident that the car would be available around 11.  

My early class went well.  The lady that joined offered to give me a ride back to the tire shop or my neighborhood.  I took her up on it so that I could shower, prep and figure out that car situation.  After prepping for about an hour, I decided to walk towards Colorado Blvd to seek out lunch.  I would be halfway to the tire shop and get a walk in.

I was notified that Freya was ready to be picked up.  My only regret is that I cannot see my optometrist until October.  Otherwise, it has been a great day.  My ankle is healing.  My health is good, and I managed to drop off and collect my car without hiring a car or feeling like that was my only option.  I listened to podcasts and completed my prep work for tonight's session.  

Then I thought about where I started and where I am currently at with this happy hour session.  Initially, I had someone helping me with the shopping, menu creation and execution.  I relied on him to set it up while I taught yoga.  Eventually, we parted ways and although fearful, I knew that I would be able to do this on my own.  Perhaps I am not as creative as he was, but I am learning and unafraid of trying new things.  I do miss him for the cleanup, lol.  

Why is it that we are so afraid of doing our own thing?  Why I feel insistent that I must work for someone else to feel productive?  The subconscious mind is doing numbers on me currently.  I refuse to give up or settle.  We are capable of doing whatever we put our minds to.  Sometimes I forget that.

Enjoy your night.  Do something creative!


No comments: