Monday, October 9, 2023

October Calendar of yoga events and classes


I am trying something new.  Posting my calendar that is open to change honestly.  I believe in having a little flexibility in my schedule.  However, this is a way to keep me consistent and pushing myself forward.  No more dialing it in.

I am comfortable staying in the lane of doing what feels right.  I remember my first tarot reading that I received in Melbourne, Australia.  The reader was explaining my cards and mentioned that I should be a teacher or healer.  That my decision to remain in the service industry would be concluding within three years.  Keep in mind, this was 2007.  

I returned home and immediately went back to work.  Back to what I knew and what was familiar to me.  Eventually, in 2014, I decided to pursue a yoga teaching certification.  I signed up with a school in Arizona and attended classes over the next year.  I received my 200-hour certification in 2015.  

Since 2015, I have taught yoga, and it has become a huge part of my life.  Slowly.  I remained ensconced with what I knew, what I was comfortable with.  When the pandemic started, I was forced to think outside of the box.  Colorado shut down for about two and a half months.  I couldn't work.  I saw a handful of friends where we would meet to walk a nearby park.  Outside of that I was alone.

I was fortunate that I had yoga in my back pocket.  I learned how to teach virtual classes and was able to communicate with people on a regular basis.  Weekly, I offered multiple classes, daily, and saw friends from all over the country.  

They are still discovering all of the trauma that occurred during the pandemic for people being alone in their homes.  At any rate, I have been teaching consistently since the pandemic.  My clients have ebbed and flowed which is normal.  In my own practice, I break up with my personal trainer at least once a year.  I want her to bring it every session.  When I feel that she isn't, I take a break from her.  I feel that my clients are similar.  In addition--injury, pregnancy, life happens--also interferes with a consistent yoga practice.  

And, I always had the service industry to fall back on.  I think in the last two years, I have been too reliant on it.  Instead of pushing myself into learning more about being my own boss, I have been more than happy to work weekends at a restaurant.  I still will do something to supplement my income.  In addition, I am holding myself accountable to grow more.  Evolve my business and make it more sustainable.  I can no longer dial it in.

As a result, here is this month's calendar.  Consider joining an outdoor park session on Saturday.  Or one of the donation-based Tuesday morning classes at the Jazzercise Studio.  It is a wonderful way to get a taste of what I offer.  Of course, I love the Detox to Retox Yoga session.  I think that is my baby.  It has evolved into a community class.  And it has inspired me to be more creative with items that I have to sample afterwards.  In the past, cooking eggplant seemed like a mess.  A ton of olive oil to cook through it.  I have a recipe in my wheelhouse that I love.  I roast the eggplants and create baba ghanoush.  There is a greek dip that is a crowd favorite and seasonally, I look forward to autumn creations.

I intend to add an early morning class virtually.  I am considering Thursday at 6 :15.  Also, being more content driven with my social media.  I am releasing some of my childhood fears and hoping to be more authentic in posting on social media.  This segways to this blog.  I am embracing putting myself out there. No more staying in the comfort of the lane that I know.  Life is short.  I know that I have written about this numerous times.  How do you want to spend the rest of your life?  Stressed?  Comfortable?  Or do you want to challenge boundaries that you have manufactured for yourself?  I choose to challenge and grow.  No more being comfortable.

Until next time, celebrate, enjoy and taste life!

No comments: