Wednesday, August 5, 2020

mid week check in

How are you?  Have you remained committed to your goals?  Do you need motivation?  Or insight? A reminder?
Are you tracking your goals?  Journaling?  Taking photos?  What makes you accountable for your decisions?
I texted a friend from college to see how she is doing.  She wants to moderate her wine during the week and increase her movement.  I called her Friday and she was not quite ready to commit.  Today, she seemed more open to having the check in.  I am trying to be accountable with us to motivate myself to make videos.  I have promised videos, loosely, to two people, that I admire and respect.  I cannot let them down.  I need to have integrity in how I manage myself.  I committed to the Motivation Monday and slowly, I am easing into the video aspect.  New video that is....I have been sharing TRX videos and putting myself out there. I am thankful for that.
Today was a great day for me.  Initially, I thought it was jammed pack of things I felt I needed to do.  Teaching, lesson planning, figuring out my passport renewal, stamps...I stepped back and wrote down what was manageable and what I was capable of doing today.  I spread out what was priority and what I could do tomorrow or Friday.  It felt fantastic!  I threw in a mid-afternoon nap.  Glorious.  Yesterday, I felt great but knew that my sleep was depleted.  I tried to hydrate.  Truly, I did.  Yet, thirteen hours can be a beast!
I skipped my daily walk but figure I taught three sessions today and could use two days off of the walk.  I listened to podcasts. sent in my passport renewal and treated myself to sushi for happy hour.  A fantastic day off.  Happy hour was a 30 minute barre session.  I can enjoy some wine, relax and think about the next two days off.  I love my life.  I have always chosen the unconventional life.  I didn't do what I was supposed to do.  My parents hoped I would go to law school after I proclaimed at six years old that I wanted to be a lawyer.  That thought lasted til I went to college. Quickly, I leaned I wanted more from life.
I still don't know that I have grown up or know how to proceed.  What I do know is this....I want to be happy.  I want to feel passion for what I am accomplishing.  I want to feel alive!  I prefer helping others on their path.  Perhaps, I am fully ready to embrace being a healer/teacher.
Figure out what makes sense to you.  Hydrate.  Get outside and most importantly, breathe some life into your world!  Happy Hump Day!


No comments: