Saturday, August 1, 2020

Staying consistent

I listened to a podcast this morning.  I have been pretty consistent with that particular routine.  I enjoy walking with Christine or walking while listening to a podcast.  There are a few that I enjoy--Entrepeneurs on Fire, Unemployable and Millionaire Mindcast.  They are inspiring and help me along my path to being my own boss.  
I listened to an episode today about Covid-19.  Although, really, it seems that every conversation makes its way back to this at some point.  With friends, scrolling through social media, the news (which I force myself to not watch to dive into the rabbit hole) and of course, podcasts.  The guest today pointed out that this could be a time of opportunity.   It is all based on how you react.  Not from a position of starting over; but perhaps, transitioning.  Or, pivoting.  I prefer the pivot!  
In addition, how you respond determines where you will end up.  I liked everything this man had to say except he got sort of preachy on binging netflix or drinking wine.  I do not appreciate the judgement.  Sometimes, I want to completely let go of my responsibilities.  I don't want to plan, organize, coordinate.  I just want to be.  And maybe that includes drinking wine.  And streaming some b.s. show.  Does this make me a bad person?  I don't think so.
The guest on the podcast, twice, referenced checking out to external factors and was quick to point out--I'm not being an asshole....um, yea, yes, you are!  Get off of your soap box!  Not everyone responds to stress in the same way.  I did enjoy the majority of what he had to say.
I appreciated the stress on the pivot, making choices and acting.  I think this is all resonating with me.  I honestly do not know what I am doing, financially.  I don't invest in real estate and I go back and forth on that importance.  I have always paved my own path.  Not conforming to the beliefs of others.  Sometimes, I doubt my choices.  Right now, I am concerned about my relationship with money and how it has limited my position.  I could be in a different place if I had different beliefs about money.  I never used my credit card, regularly, until three years ago.  I think about all of the plane tickets I could have paid for using points instead of cash. I was taught to believe that you live within your means.  Pay in cash.
It has served me well. I cannot lie.  However, I could be in a much more secure place.  Having my  money make more money for me. I am still learning how to do this.  
The pivot. 
Believing in myself, enough, to make it work.  Knowing that I provide a good service to my friends and intending on expanding my circle. I see how I can help others.  Most importantly, I see how staying consistent is essential.  Following up with people.  Sending reminders, cards of encouragement and providing workouts, tailored, for the client.  Making it all work out!
Cheers to Saturday.  Enjoy your weekend. Stay consistent in your hydration, haha!

No comments: