Friday, August 7, 2020

throwback Thursday (late, again)

 I apologize.  I meant to handle this yesterday but had multiple classes, lunch plans, dinner plans.  My day got away from me.  I seriously do not know how I have spent the last three days off.  Yoga, barre, meet ups, reading, hydrating, planning....this is my life.

I still have my memories of travel.  Actually, I made plans to have my passport renewed.  We shall see how long this venture takes.  I believe we will be able to travel again, worldwide.  My friend, Ven, always refers to me as sister.  It is such a term of endearment.  And, I love it.  He commented that he hoped I would return to Siem Reap, Cambodia.  My comment was that, yes, I would love to do that.  When I applied for my renewed passport, it inquired about upcoming travel.  I explained that 2021, I would be in Thailand in late March/early April.  I remember Maghan wanting three weeks to explore Thailand.  He seemed insistent about it.  I am trying to honor him.

This photo is from Italy 2012.  Agnese's grandmother, Marina.  A delightful woman.  Daily, she wakes up, drinks coffee, puts on lipstick and a dress and spends time at her house.  Mid afternoon, her daughter or son-in-law collects her for meals with them.  She sleeps at their home but wakes up early to return home.  

I spent five days with them in 2012 and they were amazing.  Fed me.  Sheltered me and put up with my lack of Italian.  Oh, and the espresso factor was incredible.  I have good friends.

I connected with Cody earlier and see a road trip to Utah in my future.  I have some travel plans in Colorado at the end of the month and hope to visit the Littles in Kansas soon.  It pains me to drive there.  I cannot help it.  However, my love of family outweighs most other things.  

Until then...enjoy your night, book and water.  Cheers!

No comments: