Monday, November 4, 2013

Birthday in Santa Fe

I spent a couple of days in Santa Fe....absolutely glorious.  I always want more time there.  Wine and Chile was awesome.  Finally, made the festival and it was fantastic.  My friend, Lisa, invited me to accompany her to the event.  I had just taken a new job and so it was uncertain if I would truly be able to travel to Santa Fe.  I was determined to make it work.  When they asked me if I had upcoming travel, I made sure, to mention my trip to the land of enchantment.
All of my friends told me that I should eat the loss of ticket and take the job.  I wanted the job.  I just wanted to go to Santa Fe more.  Thankfully, it all worked out.  I took the job and went to Santa Fe.  The time flew by.  I could have used a couple more days to hike, check out new restaurants, chill.  I am hoping to road trip it up there in a couple weeks.  I cannot help myself.  I thrive when I travel.  I am going to make it happen in spite of it being holidays, ideal weather for AZ, etc.  I want to take a trip.
I know that i have been lax, this year, with blogging.  I just have not felt inspired to share.  Or perhaps I wonder what the lesson is for me currently.  Until I figure it out, I refrain from sharing.  
I went hiking today.  Beautiful.  I craved a slice of pizza and a glass of wine.  Red to be specific.  I dreamed of that sensation the entire descent of the hike.  I couldn't figure out where to go.  I mean, few places offer slices and if they do, do they have wine?  My friend suggested a local spot that I knew had pies.  I drove up, subconsciously knowing, that it was a mistake.  I should have went with the place I knew, 100%, had what I was looking for.  I was looking for a new way to spend my day off.  I get in ruts or so it seems this year.  
The place I tried to go did not offer slices of pizza.  At this point, I could have recovered my car from valet and headed to the original normal place.  Instead, I defaulted to a popular wine spot.  Lazy.  I was hungry, tired and wanting food.  Mistake.  My sandwich was dry, lame, bland.  I definitely should have taken the extra time to drive to the pizza spot.  Instead I stayed and tried to make the best of it.  The wine was nice.
I think what a waste of a day off in terms of food.  However, I did make a lovely dinner and so it sort of redeemed the day.  Penne pasta with tomatoes, onions and garlic.  Delicious!  
I will make more of an effort to post.  I must make time to be creative and enjoy life.  I will have more photos of my upcoming venture to Santa Fe.  Car tags are current and a road trip sounds delightful....

No comments: