Monday, November 25, 2013

undecided

Don't I look happy?  Completely happy in spite of being out of place and under dressed.  Darn my friends that suggest an event is casual.  Casual to them and casual to me are two different things.  I am most at home sporting shorts and a top.  Preferably, a t-shirt.  Something running related, beer related, wine friendly...you get the picture.  I am most comfortable in shorts/t-shirt.
I continue to reflect on what is important (imperative) to make my life grand.  Travel (obviously), good food, friends.  In some ways, my new job choice is great--I refrain from overspending as I try to live within my means.  I am doing more with less.  However, moving forward, the travel thing is making me antsy.  I must do it.  I don't want to be handcuffed to a house, to a job, to a decision.  I flail between what is okay and what is absolutely making me crazy.  My new job is informative, exciting and different.  There are times, though, when I am extremely sensitive to my performance.  I am task oriented.  Capable and efficient to a fault.  Yet, when multiple tasks are vomited on me, I get distracted and irritated.  I just want to make it work.
I hope to travel for christmas.  Ideally, a flight to Denver would be fantastic.  I shopped flights, today, and it is still manageable.  Then, I think, if I take off time, then, how willing will my job be to accommodate my 2014 schedule?  Will they let me road trip to Santa Fe in January like I have decided I am doing?  Or, will they give me grief about Vegas in February?
I must be smart about my trips.  I intend to see this through.  There is yoga teacher training in March that inspires me.  I did skip my class this morning due to lack of sleep/motivation.  Tomorrow is a new day and I see myself in class.
I had a random dream last night....I sang the National Anthem at a sporting event.  I have no idea what motivated that dream.  I am not a a confident singer. Sure, I sing in my car, in the shower, to myself...but rarely, ever, in public.  It just isn't my thing.
I think of what it meant or where my life is heading.  There has been and continues to be a lesson in Phoenix.  I am staying true to this course while dreaming of more travel.  I know that the transition needs to occur unless I choose to open my own restaurant, yoga studio. bed and breakfast, etc....all interests of mine.  All travel related too.
I digress.  It's been a long day and tomorrow is a new day.  Yoga will refresh before retail therapy of others demands my attention.  It is going to be a great day!

No comments: