Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Comfortable

Probably my favorite John Mayer song.  This beautiful love song of loss, new love and being comfortable (or at least to me that is what it is about).  I remember when my sister, Michaela, introduced me to him.  I think I played the CD nonstop for about six months.  

I thought of it today as I was texting a friend.  I got a body scrub today which is one of my favorite ways to self-care and focus on me.  I feel like a brand new penny after emerging from this service.  My skin feels luscious and hydrated.  

I thought of your body is a wonderland (because I felt that incredible.  But, that seems super cheesy to reference with a new friend).  Instead I made some comment about John Mayer.  That opened up an entirely new tangent.  I mentioned that I almost unleashed my inner fan girl in 2018 when I saw John Mayer sitting at the bar in Larimer Square.  I wanted to run over and gush but stopped myself.  I had just started that job I would have definitely been reprimanded for that particular move.

I asked my friend his plans for this evening and he said he was going to search youtube for John Mayer songs.  I sent him a link to Comfortable and have listened to it the last 20 minutes or so.  It is a beautiful song still.  I read some of the reviews of it and how heartbreaking some of the stories were of association.  

I do love this song.  Maybe that song will pop into my rolodex of randomness this upcoming weekend.  I think I am aware of the songs when I am at the restaurant.  

Today is my first happy hour yoga session.  I am uncertain if anyone will attend.  It's hot.  And windy.  Like starting over again.  The Detox happy hour is finally gaining traction and I realize it was all about being consistent and showing up when I said I would.  Trying new things and being open to wherever it leads.  I am not going to start being conventional now.

On that note, I was asked how often I treat myself to self-care.  I wasn't offended but then I thought about how it would sound to say--yes, I get a pedicure, facial, massage and body scrub monthly.  Or a combination of the four.  Instead, I focused on what I don't do. No manicures or coloring my hair.  I also don't wear makeup and so I can spend more money on body scrubs. I said I was a diva but limited diva.  I don't know if my friend beliecves me.

I think taking care of your skin is essential.  I will spend money to achieve this and the amount of relaxation acquired.  I am thankful for my tribe.  My tribe of friends, supporters, trainers, therapists, etc.  All of these people aid in my healing process.

I hope you get comfortable today.  I see a plethora of John Mayer songs in my future.

No comments: