Friday, May 20, 2022

Currently

A few days in Santa Fe.  Then, home to snow.  And, honestly, after being in New Mexico, we desperately need moisture.  I should be rejoicing that it is snowing in Denver and encouraging more.  We went from 90 degrees to 40.  What a pendulum swing.

Lots of things to think about and plan.  My car, Calliope, has been a great vehicle.  About a year ago, I started feeling the con's of owning an older vehicle.  New battery in February.  New alternator/battery in April.  Bevel and angler in June.  Thoughts of a new transmission and told the price tag for a used one.  

Ten months later, new transmission need is a reality.  The cost of a used transmission increased by one thousand dollars.  Or I could invest in a Volvo specific transmission for the price tag of seven grand.  Seems insane.  Yet, my mechanic in Santa Fe suggested that that would be the route to go if I want to keep Calliope.  Otherwise, buying a used transmission has its own set of issues and uncertainties.  I started looking at available cars, volvo specific, and it is frightening.  My mechanic suggested going carless.

It feels like a transition is occurring and I should embrace it.  Not be frightened by it.  See where this path leads.  I am healthy.  Thankful.  And appreciative of what is coming next.  Another trip to Santa Fe for a pop up.  A trip to Kansas for my sister's vow renewal and some time in Washington State.  I might be able to manage a trip to Mexico, too.  I do not want to get hung up on the cost of things.  I want to enjoy my life and participate fully.

All I can do is continue to move forward with the belief that everything will work out.  And, it will.  I have had a spectacular week.  Fantastic meals in Santa Fe, soaking at Ojo Caliente, learning many things about a new friend, walking around Stenger facility with Jenny Minard and the knowledge that I have more possibilities.  

It is snowing in Denver!  Day at home to reflect, re-center, analyze.  Upcoming travel will happen. I foresee a few trips to Santa Fe over the summer.  I am stoked.

No comments: