Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Productive day

It is Tuesday, right?  I am so confused about what day of the week it is.  Perhaps working that extra shift on Sunday threw me off my days.  I ran into a few friends and increased my intake of tequila shots.  It was a long night.
Today was about upcoming travel, admin and reflecting on where I am at currently.  I would like to do another SWOT and update some of the white board that I list tasks on.  Fill up my day with positive things to avoid the news and the possibility of the rabbit hole.  I met my trainer and did a mini intake.  Think reset.  We have danced around what I am trying to achieve for the last five months.  I give her a number and stay committed to it for a few weeks.  Then, I backslide.  
Restart and feel better for a little bit.  Backslide.  I am in a space that I am not super happy to be in.  Although, we both agree I look better than I thought I would.  Sometimes the number does not reflect the health.  
She had created a great sequence.  Good amount of core, legs and back.  Courtney has been my trainer since 2016.  She is familiar with my likes and dislikes.  Threw in some cardio and ropes today.  Yuck!  The ropes were how we finished the work out.  
Afterwards, I met with a financial planner to discuss some options.  I am very thankful for decisions I have made in my life.  I do not regret the amount of travel I have been fortunate to endure.  Yet, in hindsight, I wish I had paid more attention to some of my finances.  I could be in a different position.  Some of it is tied to childhood.  My mindset in regards to money.  I have had to work through all of that to gain a better perspective.  I listen to many podcasts and have read many books to reset my mindset.  Today, was beneficial since I enjoyed meeting the planner and feel confident about the decision.  
Next week, I will be in Santa Fe.  Yoga, Ojo Caliente and exploring the food scene with a chef should be enticing.  I think we are pursuing a pick your adventure type of dining experience. You know.  A beverage and a bite.  Pay.  Move on to next spot.  Another beverage and bite.  I doubt dessert will be included.  He seems more savory that sweet.
Still, I look forward to exploring the city.  I know there are new spots and older spots that I want to return to.  Pranzo, Cafe Zacatlan, La Choza (always La Choza).  Counter Culture has my favorite breakfast burrito and I have not frequented that recently.  Or DFG's  I could go for a cuban or new mexican sandwich.  They used to have the best potatas bravas.  
Now, I am hungry and excited for this upcoming adventure.  I am trying to plan a return trip in June but do not know if it will work out.  The location of the pop up is in flux and some of the communication is slow.   However, there is a reason they refer to it as the land of manana.  I can be patient and recognize that it all will work out.
Tomorrow is sunrise yoga then a body sctub.  My most favorite thing ever.
Make it a great night!

No comments: