Wednesday, December 14, 2022

feeling like a brand new penny

I love self-care.  I endorse it.  I try to incorporate it, monthly.  Pedicure.  Massage.  Facial.  Body scrub.  I have never been a fan of manicures.  I think it is due to the fact that I have worked in too many restaurants.  The chip factor never goes away.  

I have been blessed to take care of myself in this fashion monthly.  Sometimes, I skip the facial or massage.  I seem to be consistent with the thai massage and body scrub.

This month, I am faltering.  I chose to schedule the body scrub which is the most decadent/amazing experience.  Havana Spa has been offering a discount for the last four months.  Ten dollars off their additional services.  I think, it was to retain clientele.  Recently, it was sold to a new company.  They seem nice.

They increased the prices of services and made a few improvements.  Soap is readily available.  The other couple would hand you a towel and make like--be on your way.  If you asked for bar soap, they would provide it.  Yet, it wasn't standard to make it available.

The older lady knew who I was.  Anytime, I called to schedule an appointment, she would say---ohhhhh, Harmony.   Yessss....body scrub.  Okay.  1 o'clock?

At one point, she called me a "good" Korean.  I think since I regularly attended to my skin.  The body scrubs are legendary.  My skin feels amazing afterwards.  I am so thankful to have found this spot.

The new owners are nice but seem corporate.  I have been, at least, five times, and still, they seem confused when I call.  There is something to be said about consistency and recognition.  Today, when I went there were about three people enjoying the amenities.  I showered and entered the dry sauna.  Two minutes later, someone joined me.  Then, another woman entered.  She opened the door, closed it and reopened it.  She was releasing the hot air to my frustration.  I tried to avoid being confrontational.  Until another walked in and sat on the bench beneath me and started a conversation with the air releasing chick.

That was it.  I had had it!  I moved to the steam sauna.  To silence.  Heat.  Detoxing.

I went to the crystal sauna and meditated.  I thought I would have time to soak before my appointment.  Time went by quickly.  The scrub was fantastic.  Consistent.  Even and I feel amazing.

I think I will decrease my pedicures in 2023.  Possibly the massage, too. I refuse to decrease the body scrub.  The benefits outweigh the costs.  Circulation, nourishment, someone washing my hair.  It all is amazing.

Do something, for you, that makes you feel like a brand new penny.  If I can make a suggestion, let me know.  It is essential to take care of you and your body.  Cheers!

No comments: