Monday, December 5, 2022

Productivity and positivity

Happy Monday!  It is a gorgeous day in Denver.  For some reason, I woke up feeling productive and have managed to continue this trend throughout the day.  Clean house, handle some business (unsuccessfully due to the other person's character, but I did try to do the right thing), finish graphics for newsletter, email newsletter, teach an a.m. class and afternoon session, walk city Park, print fliers and now blogging.  It has been a minute since I have felt so capable and inspired.

I did listen to a few podcasts, too. about focusing on the positive.  Perhaps that is why I have been productive.  I didn't allow the shitty energy of the earlier interaction to linger or suck me in further.  Yes, I am disappointed in the results.  Yet, I reiterate that it speaks more about the person's integrity than mine.  

One of the podcasts pointed out mindset, energy and focus.   Instead of dwelling in lower radiating frequencies--fear, anger, doubt, shame--flip your perspective and be positive.  I think the podcast truly helped me avoid a yelling match.  Don't get me wrong, I would enjoy punching this person in the throat.  But that is more of a fantasy and highly unlikely to happen.  I knew that walking into the establishment.  I wanted to be able to keep emotion out of it and reason with the person.   Unfortunately, some people are unreasonable.

Enough of that.  I plan on improving my situation by being positive and open to the universe.  And, I have a pretty good life.  I am supported as was obvious when my car broke down in Springer, NM.  It happened at a truck stop.  I contacted my mechanic in Santa Fe on a Sunday, and he called me.  The tow was arranged and taken care of by roadside assistance.  Tom picked me up and drove me back to Santa Fe.  The car was fixed or so I thought.  When I picked it up and headed north to Denver, I received a message on my dashboard about emergency service.

Again, I managed to make it back to Santa Fe without breaking down or being stranded.  Thankfully.  The car needed an alternator and a few other parts to make it drivable.  I could stay with Tom.  Supported, again.  We watched soccer, KU basketball, beer and many meals.  He made me feel very comfortable and not draining his life.

I did make it back, eventually.  I have shelter, clean water, my health....many, many things to be thankful for.  So, sometimes, I face obstacles and depending on my mindset create more challenges or difficulties.  I am finally understanding that.  I choose to be positive and focused on abundance.

Make it a great day and final month of 2022.  Choose your mindset, wisely.

No comments: