Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Adapt, pivot, change

Today I am still in New Mexico.  By choice.

Tom mentioned that he would be able to join me on any activity.  We could walk to Museum Hill (which I was interested in), explore Meow Wolf, road trip north or south, chill at his house or perform any activity by 3 pm.  I had a prearranged yoga class.

The road trip was out.  I had an 8-8:45 class.  The window of opportunity was closing.  He showered and decided that Meow Wolf was the way to go.  My first experience with this interactive museum.  Arriving at 10 allowed us to decrease the petri dish effect until about 11:15. I can't help myself.  I do become a little claustrophobic.

The museum was interesting.  Many nooks, crannies and opportunities to be interactive.  We explored the upstairs area before discovering the washing machine, refrigerator, other random doors.  I am thankful for checking the museum out and grateful that we left before noon.

We chose a local spot for a quick lunch.  In the past, I have enjoyed beers and a sandwich at this spot.  Today, was not that spectacular.  Instead of sharing a sandwich (which is the way to go) we shared a few smaller meals.  Red chile fries (Tom's choice) and a Mediterranean spread.  The dip was unfulfilling.  Granted they aren't charging that much for it which I didn't even notice.  But the quantity and quality of the dip was subpar.

The red chile fries could have been thicker, crispier and more done.  I opted to add a cobb salad to the meal in an attempt to improve the experience.  It didn't work.  The entire experience was subpar at best.  

 A quick wine stop and then being responsible.  I had a class at 3 pm.  I told Tom that I would need to be responsible.  About five minutes to three, my client texts me to update me on their situation.  Their refrigerator was out.  They were with her landlord and the contractor trying to problem solve the issue.  I offered to wait fifteen minutes.  Then, she responded that she needed more time.

I get it.  I do.  There are some things you cannot plan for.  Yet had I considered this was the way the day would unfold, I would have insisted that Tom and I embark on a road trip.  He loves discovering chicken fried steaks.  And it is rare for him to not work a Tuesday.

Life is grand.  Make it the best day!

No comments: