Saturday, December 10, 2022

Saturday thoughts

Happy Saturday!  It is a beautiful day in Denver.  First Saturday of yoga at the St. Paul.  Last year, we moved inside in November.  This year, we were able to continue to practice outdoors with the kindness of one of my clients.  He has a backyard fireplace and heater.  Truly, it made yoga approachable and welcoming without practicing on grass.  We were fine until last weekend when it was 20 degrees outside.  We all bundled up--hoodies, socks, ear coverings.  We built heat, eventually, but my feet refused to stay warm.

I think it will be a great day.  Or I will smile through it.  No more complacency or waiting for things to happen.  Today, is the day to start.  Money will always be there, but time cannot be replaced.  We cling to this idea that we have to remain in situations that no longer serve us.  Be it, friendships, jobs, location.  Why?  How do we benefit from this idea?  Wouldn't it be preferable to try something different?  Challenge ourselves to do something greater than we think we are capable of doing.  

Put yourself out there.  Consider what your life purpose is.  Not what school or your parents told you.  Instead, truly reflect within and see what speaks to you.  I am working on trying to be more visible on social media.  I have attempted to create content and yoga clients by posting relative posts without illustrating why I want to share yoga.  Finally, I posted a video, and it is getting some traction.  I didn't have any bites on taking me up on the zoom offer, but it is a start.  Something I intend to build upon.  I wonder why it took me so long to discover that option?  Why I was so unwilling to utilize that platform with videos of me?  

I do not need to talk in the video.  It is mostly an opportunity to show a sample sequence and my style.  It was as if a light bulb went off, finally. I should be making the most of resources that are available.  I have been fortunate.  Word of mouth has been a fantastic tool to attract clients.   I am thankful for that.  Yet, I know that I could be doing more.  My service is to share yoga with others and continue to learn myself.  Forever a student on this journey.

I am finetuning my goals, habits, desires.  Becoming clear with my intentions.  No longer listening to ideas but taking little to no action. They say that you manifest where you are now.  Where do you want to be in six months?  Ten months?  A year?  

I want to be relying on myself as an entrepreneur.  Spending time enhancing my practice and business.  Supplementing to a certain degree but only if it encourages focus on yoga.  

I should conclude this for now.  It is mostly about being consistent and disciplined.  I am off to share yoga!

No comments: