Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Good vibes only

Continuing with consistency and building habits.  As such, this requires good vibes only.  Good vibes to propel through any discomfort or unknown.  

I woke up around 3 a.m.  I put on another guided meditation to distract overthinking.  It seemed to work.  I managed to wake up at 6:30. Refreshed and ready to greet the day.  My morning routine involves making coffee, juicing and setting intentions.  

Everything was going well until the juicing got a little out of control.  I love Juno and she travels with me.  Yet, she is getting a little older and some of her attachments are wonky.  This morning, I spilled a fair amount of celery juice after it tried to explode.  The juice was ok.  I know that I have made others that I like better.  I needed more spice.  The apple, pineapple, celery, carrot, ginger, serrano and lemon were a little too tame.  Tomorrow, I will do something different.

Intention setting is new to my routine.  In the past, I have tried gratitude water.  Basically, you write down three to five affirmations and tape it to your water bottle.  It is a reminder of what you are thankful for as you hydrate.  Afterwards, I fold up the affirmations, place them in a glass jar and leave them there until January 1st of the new year.  I incorporated this gratitude jar into my life about three years ago.  I try to increase the number each year.  I feel that I was doing really well until June.  Then, I fell off that habit.  I am uncertain as to why.  I do know that the jar is lacking compared to other years.  And it isn't about not being thankful.  This year has been lovely with ample opportunities to be thankful.  Travel returned to my life.  Mostly to New Mexico but I love road tripping and treating myself to green chile.  I met a man who wanted to be my partner.  He chose me.  It has been wonderful getting to know him and figure out how to make this work.  

Business continues to evolve and change.  I have to be patient.  Life happens.  People experience injury, sickness, pregnancy, loss.  I cannot plan for those life changing events.  I can only offer my services when people are ready to do them.  

It is similar with my decision to work out with my trainer or not.  When I began training with Courtney, I was attending sessions three times a month.  I hit my goal and then tapered off.  Twice a month.  Once a month.  I even took a leave of absence for about three months to reflect on the why I wanted to have a trainer.  I know this is typical and acknowledge it is the same with yoga.  Things fluctuate.  Interests change.  Covid did help establish an online presence.   

Then, things reopened.  People could travel (thankfully).  Go to the gym or choose to take their workouts outside.  I understand it since my interests have changed, too.  I hope to promote good vibes and retain some of my clients.  I hope to expand my circle as well.  I believe my purpose is to share my love of yoga with others.  

Good vibes only.  Smile through it and choose to live in a positive fashion.

No comments: