Monday, December 12, 2022

Happy Monday!

New week.  New opportunities to make a change.  It is true.  We attract what we focus on.  I have been pondering another job to supplement my yoga business and now I am inundated with opportunities.  Free lancing, blogging, retail, catering.... all good things.  I believe it is good to challenge and continue to grow.  Energetically, we all outgrow where we currently are.  Or we should strive to do that.  Being stagnant is not ideal.  Do you want to be in the exact same place you were a year ago?  Six months ago?  Even five years ago?

I know that I do not.  I believe in learning and evolving.  I think about everything I have added to my life by embarking on entrepreneurship.  Yes, there are still many things I need to master and learn.  I am open to it.  I am no longer willing to just wait and see what happens.  I am confident in creating graphics and content.  I tend to gravitate to that or writing.  The admin and technical stuff elude me.  Or I procrastinate until I am forced to confront it.  I know I need a better system in place.  I cannot avoid doing the administrative tasks.  They will not magically disappear.

Brie and I are meeting for a walk in a few hours.  She always inspires me to consider what else I can be doing.  The restaurant industry has been an amazing tool to have.  I have met multiple lifelong friends while working at a pub in Denver.  Of course, I never saw that happening.  

Restaurants are a natural first job in high school or college.  Networking, learning more about the world/food/people while developing soft skills.  I have friends in the health industry who all swear by how effective techs, nurses, aides are if they first worked in a restaurant.  They know how to identify importance and have urgency to get the job done.  Multi-tasking is quickly developed.  

Each time I have tried to leave the restaurants, somehow, I get pulled back in.  I enjoy many aspects of it too much.  The social interaction, meeting people and access to food.  There are downsides to it, too.  Eating (inhaling food to refuel), long hours, physical demands which can take a toll on a body.  It can be challenging to find that balance of sweetness and resistance.  The flexibility has always been the most attractive aspect for me.  You can hustle for a few months and then take time to travel or focus on something else in your life.  

Today will be a beautiful day and start to the week.  I finally ordered a few items for xmas.  I am not in a funk like some people I know.  I dislike the idea of going to a store to shop for items.  I am too minimalistic, or experience driven to participate fully.  I wanted stocking stuffers for Tom and a few other mandatory items.  I see a Jayhawk shirt in his future.  

Take time to make it a great day.  Contemplate and reflect on what 2023 will bring for you. This year has flown by.  Time to think about how to improve your reality for next year.

No comments: