Friday, December 16, 2022

Friday thoughts

Happy Friday!  Another beautiful day in Denver.  At least it appears that way.  It could be deceptive as it has been in the past week.  Sun is shining.  In about an hour and a half, I will discover the temperature outside.  I am determined to walk City Park today.  Yesterday, I got jammed up with tasks regarding my car tags.  The new car has been a different experience for me.  The first vehicle I have ever financed.  In hindsight, I wish I would have paid for it outright.  I wouldn't be paying extra for car insurance or a percentage for the financing.

Although had I paid for it outright, I would have struggled to deal with the expenses that have happened unexpectedly.  I believed the title would arrive within a few weeks of purchase.  My temporary tags were about to expire and so I approached the DMV to find out my options.  The kid told me that there were many people waiting on titles and that I could extend the temporary tags for $7.03.  Better yet, he said, return to where you bought the car, and they can grant you another temporary tag for no additional cost.  I texted the dealer who I think was not looking forward to seeing me in person.  I am sure that the mechanic updated him on my unhappiness with the car.  When I first called him, he hung up on me.  Then when I called back, it went straight to voice mail.  Affirmation that these men have sold cars to people, knowing, that the vehicles are not sound to some degree.  I had read a few reviews noting that.  I chose to believe the mechanic who turned me on the car and being seduced by the mileage instead of truly trusting my gut.

At any rate, I secured the temporary tag yesterday.  The guy had everything ready for me and when I returned home, I checked my mail and saw that the title notice had arrived.  Ironic.  I am waiting to handle the title and taxes until next year since I will be out of town and do not want to hang out more at the DMV.  

We are celebrating Tom's birthday on Sunday.  He didn't want a celebration so instead we labeled it as book club.  Book club where he cooks, and we listen to music.  He is insistent on Bolognese.  One of his friends always brings oysters.  I want to contribute a seven layered Greek dip.  And Zoe offered to bring charcuterie and bacon wrapped dates.  

A night of decadence.   Lots of wine.  I picked up mezcal to sip since that was a cornerstone of Tom and I meeting.  The first night he took me to dinner we ended the night at Del Charro, sipping mezcal.  I think that will continue to be important to us to celebrate and remember.

Focusing on the positive and navigating life.  My sleep continues to be off and on.  Guided meditation is helping.  It, at least, distracts my subconscious mind from running wild.  Maybe I will try the turn off devices a few hours before bed to see if that helps sleep.  I do have books to read.  Any other suggestions for improving sleep quality?

Make it a great day!

No comments: