Sunday, March 27, 2022

Juice detox

Somehow, I managed to do a massive backslide into not taking care of myself.  It didn't just happen.  I kept pushing the boundary as to what I felt would be acceptable.  

I did feel pretty amazing when I was able to eat clean and maintain a certain weight. I think that I started fluctuating after a few years.  It just didn't seem as important to stick to the rules I had had in place.  I could go to lunch and order take out later.  I had cut dairy out.  Way easier than I thought it would be.  I stopped eating sandwiches, too.  I wanted to be able to drink wine and not feel guilty for the calories.

Yet, over time, making poor decisions happened.  Parmesan cheese on a caesar salad, some bread with the italian take-out. Instead of having spaghetti and meatballs, I like to order a side of meatballs, side of spinach and create a mini sandwich.  It started out slowly and turned into being normal.  Slowly, I noticed that my jeans did not fit as loosely as they once had. I told myself that I could manage it and kept it moving.  

I disregarded being accountable with my trainer.  I had excuses as to why I was steadily backsliding.  Stress.  Eating poorly.  Socializing.  I would eat clean anywhere from five to ten days which would clean up my act, temporarily.  That worked for about three months until I found reasons to not eat as clean on the cleanse.  

This cycle has continued.  Until now.  I want to feel better.

When I was in Florida on vacation, I leaned into the bad decisions.  Then, Brie and I spoke about the need for a detox.  She had a book and that would provide a road map for how to adequately tackle this  We met for coffee on Wednesday and I started my cleanse on Friday.  Wake up, enjoy a lemon water, fresh celery juice and then a shake composed of berries and a little avocado, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and two walnuts.  There are a few other juice smoothies to choose from.  

For lunch, they have soup suggestions or salad.  Today, I altered the cauliflower soup.  I added a few additional spices and vegetables--made it more ayurvedic.  I think tomorrow it will be even better.  I feel better.  Less bloated.  More clarity and overall, productive.  Today, I meditated after my celery juice.  Read a little.  Listened to a podcast while walking the park.  Stopped by the store to pick up a few items.  Made soup.  Watched the KU game (RCJH!--sweet victory). Taught yoga, cleaned my apartment and then had an hour conversation with Sara Jo.  We are plotting a trip to Louisville in September. A few years back, we talked about checking out the bourbon trail.  I think we are actually going to do it this year.  I am currently researching things to do in Louisville.  Any suggestions are appreciated!  I am sure there will be an abundance of bourbon.

In the meantime, I will continue to participate in the juice cleanse and track how I am feeling.  I have been taking photos, daily; journaling, and observing how I feel.  I think tonight will be a fantastic night of sleep.

Clarity has led to more opportunities for growth and how to expand the business.  I love this aspect, too.  I wake up, energized and excited to conquer the day.  



No comments: