Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Day Six takeaways

So far, so good. I manage to get up, make celery juice, maybe have a smoothie and then lunch--soup (homemade mostly) and salad for dinner.  Last night, I made blackened salmon and it was successful.  I used my cast iron skillet that I never use.  It was Brian's and has moved with me from Denver to Phoenix to Santa Fe and back to Denver.  I have never used it.  Maghan would.  He made delicious steaks for us early on during the pandemic. I let him do the clean up, too. 

I suppose that has been my resistance to using it.  The clean up factor.  Last night, I overlooked my fears and made a delicious blackened salmon filet that I will have for dinner again tonight. I bring this up since I recognize how much I am enjoying cooking for myself. Whereas in the past, I would have relied on take out for that particular protein, last night, I decided to cook.  I hoped that I would not over cook it as I have done to halibut many, many times.  Nope, last night was perfection.

I feel better and have more clarity.  I see my path and want I what I would like to accomplish.  It is only a matter of deciding to do it.  Simple.

Create the life that you want.  Saturday, I was gifted the night off.  I hesitated to take it off. Yet, realistically, I want to watch the KU game.  Any time the games fall on a day I am working, I become frustrated since I cannot watch the game.  I can catch scores and glimpses of plays.  If they are losing, then I am further irritated.  It can be a vicious cycle.  

So, I took the night off with the promise of watching basketball.  My conflict now, is do I break my cleanse to enjoy a beverage with the game? With the celebration? I have been making steady progress and hope to continue.  I guess that is what will motivate me to refrain from imbibing.  The progress I have made.  Even when I do take a break from the cleanse, I plan on returning to cleaner eating to reign in how I am feeling currently.  I do not like feeling bloated or unhealthy.  The accountability--knowing a few of my other friends intend to detox, too--is helping.  Although, a few people have found ways to avoid starting.

Tomorrow, I will make plans to enjoy a healthy meal for dinner.  I may need to restock some items.  For the most part, the only item that I seem to purchase frequently is celery.  Otherwise, I have mainly fruits and vegetables in my house to sustain.  I should be journaling a little bit more.  I am more productive and have clarity with what I would like to achieve.  Again, simple.  Choose what you want and make it happen.  Create the life you want.

Maybe that should be my new mantra.  Create the life you want or that of which you desire.  Make it a great night.  Reflect on how you want to spend April.  This year is already a quarter of the way over.  Where did the time go?

No comments: