Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Rejuvenating or feeling human again

Day off #3...well, not truly.  I have been teaching yoga and ultimately, pursuing that passion.  I mean, day off from the service industry. I feel like it took a few days to recover from service.  When, I was in my 20's, I was able to bounce back with little effort.  

I could even go out drinking and not feel that after-effect.  Now, if I don't take care of myself--hydrate, clean food, sleep--I feel it.  Maybe not immediately, but I see my energy dwindle as well as my immunity.  I see that I feel sickness coming on. 

Thankfully, recognizing that encourages me to stop whatever I have been doing.  No wine.  Eating cleaner and making sure I am hydrating.  That was my Sunday.  As much as I wanted a glass of wine that night there was no way that I would be able to sustain my immunity.  I could feel the sickness on the edge of my body.

Monday, I woke up and scheduled a thai massage.  I felt this would help me recover.  I drank an abundance of water and started my week in the best possible way.  The thai massage was spectacular.  Something that normally I wouldn't say.  I set up the appointment and realized that I would be seeing a therapist that was new to me.  Of course, I had reservations but I went ahead with it since I wanted to relax.  

I arrive and a woman greets me. She mentions that she had spoken to the owner and was aware of what I preferred.  I reiterated that I enjoyed reflexology.  She agrees that she will incorporate reflexology.  

We begin with her walking on my back.  Intuitively, I knew I was in good hands.  She would back off when I expressed discomfort.  Not all therapists do this. Some expect you to breathe through it and relax.  I wish I could do that but sometimes, it is too much.  

She worked her way down my shoulders, back, thighs.  Making her way to my toes, she added a tool to replace traditional reflexology.  It felt like a chop stick.  It was effective and not as intrusive as some reflexology.

I lost track of time.  I hoped my experience would extend but had no idea what was going on.  The reflexology, massage, etc. Eventually, she advised me to flip over and began working on my arms and legs.  At some point, she asked me to sit up.  She tied the sheet around my torso (new technique) and had me place my hands behind my head and look down.  At this point, I have no idea what she did, but she was able to pop my sternum and rib cage.  INCREDIBLE.  I have never experienced anything like this before.  

I felt so much ease.  A lightness.  

Blissful and able to rejuvenate.  I return to my current state of being.  Prepping for yoga, making plans and things happen.  No longer waiting for everything to be in place.  Knowing it is okay.  

Why wait for everything to be perfect?  This happens, what, once in ten attempts?  Live life fully and celebrate.   

No comments: