Monday, March 28, 2022

Reset

Day number four of ten is complete.  It is easy to fall into a rhythm when you prepare for the cleanse and decide to do it.  I worked on Saturday night and while the others were enjoying a mini beverage, they made the comment--oh you are not drinking tonight, right?  I was not even remotely interested in joining.  I think making the decision to spend the next ten days--eating clean and no drinking--has been easier than I anticipated.  I'll be honest, I have put together cleanses in the past.  Varying from five to ten days. The first ones always went well. I was committed to the decision.  However, as I became more accustomed to these cleanses and not altering the cleanses, I was less motivated to stay true to it.  I would drink half and half until I found better plant based alternatives.  Drinking wine, well, that would happen at least one day out of the cleanse.  I was going through the motions but not committed to my decision.

This year, something feels different.  I want to form new habits.  Maybe that is it. If I say I am going to do something, I truly want to do it.  Not half-ass it.  But, really truly, try it out.  

I planned out some of my meals tomorrow.  Begin with celery juice and lemon water.  Then an almond strawberry smoothie.  Lunch will be roasted broccoli soup and dinner is a salad.  I have had the option of baking chicken or salmon for dinner.  Only, I have not felt like putting in that much effort.  A salad has been more than filling and delicious.  Overall, my energy is rising and I am more productive.  I taught at my apartment tonight which I believe, will become a thing on Monday nights.  We had been meeting in Green Valley Ranch.  My client rented out her place and has relocated to Littleton to be closer to her daughter's school.  It was fantastic to not deal with rush hour traffic and instead of driving to them, they drove to me.  I was able to read.  I waited on the front porch and enjoyed a little me time.  No music to distract me.

The only issue I think I will have is that I must keep my house clean.  Each week, I will have to be consistent.  Sweep and mop, clean the bathroom, have candles lit, my diffuser going and fresh flowers.  I cannot not take care of my living space when clients are over.

The ten day cleanse is a great reset.  And, I want more.  I want to slim down and be serious about my health journey.  When the pandemic first started, I was teaching multiple classes, daily, and doing all of the chatarangas.  Then, I started skipping some of the chatarangas to save my arms.  First non-negotiable.  Never again skipping that aspect of my day.

I stopped paying attention to what I was eating.  I leaned into what felt good.  I kept thinking, I can start again tomorrow.  Or next Monday.  Or a few days before I see my trainer.

While in Florida, Brianne and I spoke about our respective health and wellness journeys.  She brought up the juice detox cleanse and I glommed on.  I knew it would be my way to reset.  Til the reset, I kept on digging a deeper hole for myself.  Eating pizza, bread, late night food....all things I have managed to cut out in the last six years.

Looking back, I think I have been heading this direction for awhile.  First with purchasing the metal butterfly. Illustrating a transformation.  Figuring out how to make it my own.  I will expand on this later.  I must retire to bed.

No comments: