Thursday, March 10, 2022

Moving forward

Another day of reflection.  I feel bad that I did not suss through my thoughts while traveling or spend more time on the beach.  I am envious of Shari for taking ten additional days to check out the country.  I was in a rush to arrive in Florida and a mad dash to return.  Perhaps, I should have factored in a few more days exploring the south. I do not know the next time I will have that opportunity.

Next month, I am hoping to arrange a pop up in Santa Fe.  Yoga, maybe a soak day and time at Ojo Caliente. And, La Choza. Multiple stops at that restaurant.  I need to restock my green chile and overindulge on the posole.  Last year, I did not travel much. When I did, it was all trips to Santa Fe!  Always an opportunity for me to reset/rejuvenate.  I think I need it and it enables me to consider goals and habits.  Although, from reading Atomic Habits, I think I prefer habits over setting goals.  I was doing great at the beginning of year.  Every day, I would wake up, perform sun salutations (even increasing them by five each week), meditating, and using my infrared dry sauna. I was committed to this goal/habit.

Then, I started my road trip. I chose to leave the dry sauna at home to make space in my car for other essential items.  I brought my lap top, ledger, yoga planner, day planner, journal, juicer for breakfast, coffee hack with coffee, clothes, four yoga mats and blocks.  I was already overloaded with things in the car.  Not to mention a few coats, a bag for swimming/robe and other items.  My car looked like I was on the verge of living in it.  The dry sauna would have been too much. 

I left the dry sauna at home and released that habit.  It was easy.  Staying in a room with someone else also limits opportunities.  I didn't want to wake Shari up to do sun salutations or so I told myself.

I returned to Denver with the knowledge that I needed to detox and increase the juice in my life. I had been decadent.  Leaning into making poor choices. Not caring if I ate too much or what I was putting in my body.  Normally, it's not that I am restrictive, per se, but aware of how the food affects my body.  I have minimized the dairy and so it was stressful.  I may or may not have been on the verge of hives due to excess.  

I feel better with the decisions I have made since I returned. More juicing, some smoothies and stirfry for lunch yesterday.  I meal prepped which is new to me and have a plan on how to take care of myself through the weekend.  I think I have been too reliant on restaurants and take out through my life.  It's too convenient especially after working in a restaurant. Food is always available for purchase and it's preferable to going home to cook for yourself. 

I realize how food is affecting me. I choose to make better decisions for my health.  That being said, I see sushi in my future today. My friend, Roxanne, mentioned it the other day and I have been thinking about it ever since.  Doesn't sushi sound amazing on a cold day?  Miso or spicy edamame to warm up.  I hope to watch the Jayhawks after my acupuncture appointment. A friend from high school recently visited Lawrence to see her daughter.  She remarked on how great of a town, campus, KU is....I was tempted to say--it is the BEST! I refrained since I haven't spoken to this classmate since she graduated a few years before me.  Still, I am a proud alum of KU. It is a beautiful campus and fantastic school.  Plus, I love this time of year. Surrounded by basketball and amazing energy!

Enjoy your day.  I might reflect later on my trip. I barely spoke of NOLA or my drive across the states. It was interesting.

No comments: