Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Listen to your body

More and more I am understanding how much my body is changing.  Getting older is fantastic, lol.  No longer am I able to enjoy foods I love.  For example, legumes.  Specifically, lentils and pinto beans.  I bought a pressure cooker to prepare kitchari, an ayurvedic dish.  My spiritual mentor suggested that I incorporate the most complete protein meal into my weekly rotation.  You can use mung beans or lentils.  I found that I preferred lentils and was committed to preparing this dish on a regular basis.  Especially in the fall as it becomes cooler.  

In the last few months, I have recognized how my body is affected after eating these foods.  Bloating and other irritability which is curbing my desire to eat these foods.  I notice it most when I visit Santa Fe.  Who doesn't want pinto beans to accompany their tamales?  Or, I have stopped eating posole to minimize the irritation while visiting Tom.  I know he doesn't love when I feel subpar.  Thankfully, La Choza had other dishes that I enjoy.  Still, my favorite dish is a cup of posole and a side of pinto beans.  I can continue to enjoy chips with the pinto beans.

Garlic is also becoming pesky for me.  I love garlic. I always have garlic on hand to enhance any dish that I am preparing.  I think I need to reconsider how to season my homecooked meals to avoid some of the irritability.  Since I am trying to be more accountable for what I am putting into my body, I am learning things I need to change or modify.  I think small changes make it more appealing.  I wish that I could cut out dining out completely, but I know that I would freak out.  I do not think that I am capable of preparing all of my meals for myself.  I like to be taken care of too much.

We must listen to our bodies.  Things change as I am sure that you know.  They say taste buds change every seven years and I believe it.  I have seen some of the changes that I have made during my life.  Moderation is key.

I am so thankful that I was forced to take a zero hour typing class.  I use this still.  Most days.  I love knowing that I can type, write and form a sentence.  There is something to be said about this sill.

Listen to your body.  If it doesn't feel right, don't eat it or participate.  We do sense, energetically, wheat makes sense.  Own it and thrive.


No comments: