Thursday, October 26, 2023

Thankful Thursday

I am grateful for a solid night of sleep.  As noted yesterday, I have been struggling with insomnia to a certain extent.  Waking up, routinely, at 3:15ish to toss and turn.  When I manage to calm my mind, eventually, I wake up to the recurring thought.  Be it work stress, financial stress, work related dreams (the absolute worst which I still frequently have back decades to when I worked at Fifi's, the Bull or Palm.  The worst places were the high-volume ones where I would have dreams where the printer wouldn't stop printing tickets.  I'd wake up, convinced, that I was surrounded by 50 unmade drink tickets.  And that the servers were furious with me for having to wait for their drinks.)  To avoid some of that nonsense, last night I read for about fifteen minutes before I went to bed.  Truly, I believe that minute amount reading helped me relax and ease into sleep.  The lack of stimulation from technology really is something.

I woke up, naturally, around 4:45.  Purposefully, I woke up, listened to a guided meditation before beginning my routine.  I eat a clove or two to aid in my oral hygiene.  Oil pull for twelve minutes.  I listen to the Reid out, typically, while setting up my fruits and vegetables to juice.  Relaxing start to the day and keeps me accountable.  Today I read for forty-five minutes which was a new addition to my routine. A welcome addition to how I start my day.  The meditation component seems likely as well.  Inspires the tone of the day and leaning into the echo/ripple effect.  Creating the life, I want, instead of the uncertainty of where I am at now.  

A couple years ago, I bought an infrared sauna bag with the intention of using it daily.  Unfortunately, the sauna is subpar.  I should have invested more research and money into this product.  I wish the heat was more intense.  I tried to use it for three weeks or so.  Since then, it has been tucked away in my storage closet.  Yesterday as I was contemplating how to spend the next few days, I considered adding the dry sauna back into my morning routine.  While lying in the sauna I could either meditate or read.  Two items that I want to include in my morning.  Or doing sun salutations.  

During the pandemic I was more active.  Stronger, even.  Inspite of the amount of chatarangas I do on a daily basis. Looking back, I did lean into inconsistencies, underperforming and enjoying wine lunch with Tom.  He is the ultimate enabler.  

Stress, eating at random times, becoming lax with my no dairy policy all things that have occurred in the last six months.  Yes, my echo reflects precisely where and I am at this point today.  It's as if I cannot get out of my own way.  I have so many things to be thankful for--my health, my relationship with Tom, supportive friends and an amazing yoga base.  Why am I limiting what I want to achieve?

Meditation will be helpful and remembering how many wonderful things I have in my life.  Clean water, a reliable vehicle, family, opportunities to write letters to friends and walk on a daily basis.  I am thankful and fortunate.  

Thank you for letting me unload my endless monologue in my mind.  Celebrate, enjoy & taste life~

No comments: