Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Thankful Tuesday

New concept for me.  Typically, I would do a thankful Thursday post.  I think it flows better.  Yet, why not try a gratitude driven post on Tuesday?  I want to express my gratitude on a daily basis.  Either by journaling or writing down three to five things on a piece of paper and taping it to my water bottle.  If you don't know, my water bottle is my binkie.  I always have water available to me.  From experience I learned that it is mandatory.  A few dehydration episodes that were clear indicators of the importance of being hydrated.  Think face plant and nose abrasions.  Never again.

At any rate, I am thankful for my health, my community and access to water.   Last Saturday, I taught an outdoor session at City Park.  Midway through the session and we are interrupted by a buffalo.  This guy shows up and starts doing down dog, a little twerking and then rolls around in the grass.  It was funny.  A welcome interruption to the sequence.  

Afterwards, I walked to a market to pick up supplies, stopped by and saw a friend at a wine bar and made my way home.  I have been better about walking more.  All part of my desire to be health driven and capable.  Moreover, walking enables me to listen to podcasts or music.  A great opportunity to multi-task. 

I return home and twist my ankle.  Again.  Same one...F**K!  Immediately, I compress, elevate, ice and hope.  Hope that I am able to manage the pain and get back to my routine of health.  I found my preferred doctor through my community.  Roxanne mentioned utilizing the physical therapy services and chiropractors.  This business offers cupping, acupuncture, massage, cryotherapy, corrective exercises (which has been my sweet spot for the ankle injury), etc.  It is a fantastic healing business, and I am so thankful to my community that I found it.  

Not all chiropractors are the same.  I always knew that.  I wanted to avoid anyone that would want me to be reliant on their service multiple times a week.  Instead, I wanted someone who would adjust me and show me exercises I could perform at home to be healthy.   I found a chiropractor in 2018 who rehabilitated my right ankle.  He was a magician.  After two months of hobbling around and trying to self-diagnose and heal, I sought out someone to assist me.  This man was amazing.  He introduced me to cryotherapy, dry needling and the vascular flush.  Then he was revealed as a Qanon wizard.  A bit shocking to me.  He always seemed interested in helping me improve my mobility and strengthen my ankle.  Of course, he had some interesting comments during our sessions, but I overlooked them.  He closed his business as a result of his personal perspectives.  I have no idea if he is still in Denver or what he is doing. 

I had another chiropractor from when I first moved to Denver.  He sold his business to another man who is kind and I had seen a few times.  When I approached him to analyze my ankle (back in 2018), he told me I should use a bosu ball to balance.  Keep in mind, I had my foot in a brace to add stability.  I could barely walk and the idea of a bosu ball was terrifying.  That chiropractor was good to see if I had a minor adjustment needed.  He is kind and has a few tools up his sleeve that release tension.  I went to him for a sacrum adjustment, and it was not enough. I found that he was unable to crank on my sacrum which has been required a few times. My sacrum is another area of concern that every few months requires me to visit the chiropractor.  The release of the sacrum is how I reached out to Denver Sports Medicine.  I am so grateful that Roxanne had utilized their services in the past.

What are you grateful today?  My ankle feels so much better, and I know that I will be walking City Park tomorrow.  Because I am stubborn, I still taught a yoga class on Sunday.  I attempted to do some of the standing poses but avoided balance.  This morning, balance felt restored.  My afternoon session includes balance.  It will happen.

Be thankful today and express your gratitude.

No comments: