Friday, October 13, 2023

Looking back on the week and other upcoming opportunities

Happy Friday!  It has been a week.  More productivity in the yoga sense, blogging and being consistent.  In addition, I chatted up two potential employers this week as a part-time gig.  I know that it is mandatory for me to have some sort of work while building the business.  It just makes sense for me.  There are a few options with teaching at studios; yet, I have not gone that route.  Sure, it would expose me to more potential clients that enjoy yoga and perhaps might like my style.  I have not deep dove into the subconscious about this subject.  Maybe I want to keep that aspect of my life, pure.  Meaning, not being told how to teach based on which studio I would hook up with.  There is that factor to consider.

At any rate, I approached a more corporate business that has the welcoming package dialed in.  They know exactly what they are looking for and how to protect their brand.  I like the structure and flexibility of it.  The other spot is more mom and pop's feeling.  A local spot that I am able to walk to.  I did a training session last night and managed to answer the phone.  Typically, I do not like being the person to answer phone calls in businesses.  Mostly since I cannot hear what the person is saying.  It might be a me issue, but I find myself avoiding that task.  

I was closest to the phone and so I answered it.  The gentleman inquired about the hours of the establishment, and I told him what I was told to say.  Then, he continued with--I have another question for you.... would you be interested in a friend with benefit situation???

I was like--excuse me.  What did you say?

He repeats his request and I stumble with an answer.  Who asks this question sight unseen?  The owner was staring at me wanting to know why I was still on the phone.  After I inform him of the conversation, he disappears to the basement to look at the caller ID.  I sense this side gig will be highly entertaining.  

I tried to think outside of my normal box.  Retail or working in a liquor store.  I like that idea since it is physically demanding and interacting with people.  The hours are manageable.  Maybe discounts are an incentive?  All positive things.

Brie and I met for lunch and were brainstorming.  She and I, both, tend to return to what is familiar.  I am slowly creating this new lane for me, and I encouraged her to do the same.  Listening to podcasts which are healing/healthy/mindset driven is forcing me to think about what I am good at instead of what I always have done.  I do enjoy listening, writing, assisting people with their health goals.  What is holding me back?  

Enjoy your Friday!  Are you living your best life?  Are there signs you are avoiding remaining in the comfort lane?  Is there one change you can make to shift your perspective/path?  Think about it and make it a great day!

No comments: