Thursday, November 11, 2021

Consistency

Consistency is essential.  I keep reminding myself of this.  So, here is to building a foundation and continuing to write, focus, reflect.  Day #2 of letting my thoughts flow.

Yesterday, I found out that a friend of mine from childhood passed away.  I was a little overwhelmed.  I had not seen her in years but it opened up so many memories.  I worked alongside Sally when I was in high school.  Her mother in law, Carol, was my boss and lifelong friend.  Carol passed away a few years ago and that is what was reopened.  The sadness of someone dying too soon.  

My last lunch with Carol was at the Swedish Crown in Lindsborg, Kansas.  I had arranged a meet up on my way to visit my niece and nephew.  I picked her up at the facility she had chosen to live at.  Up until that point, she lived by herself at this cute home in Salina.  She chose to relocate when she was unable to get into the bath tub.  Always a practical woman who refused to be a burden to anyone in her life.  I miss her.  And I will miss Sally, too.  Similar to Carol and how she lived her life.  Kind, gracious and practical.  She would share Mary Engelbreit sayings frequently on social media.  That artist was one I became familiar with while working for Carol and Sally.  

Losing friends is a reminder that I want to make peace with certain people in my life.  I don't want to regret waiting too long.  I need it for me.  In the last week, I have heard about two people that have passed away.  They were older but provided support and care for me in times of need.  Brian's grandmother passed away.  It had been years since I had seen Rita.  I believe it had been over ten years. She had retired and would travel to Minnesota to visit her family.  I believed I would arrange a trip.  There was always next year.   

So cherish the people in your life.  Reach out to someone that you have lost contact with or have allowed a misunderstanding to widen into a disconnect.  I am trying to make peace with a certain someone.  I remain hopeful.  

All I can do is try.  And hope, believe and remain on my path.  Refuse to return to the comfort of what I know.  I believe in choosing me and where this path is leading.  Make it a great day!


No comments: