Saturday, November 13, 2021

Saturday musings

Good morning!  Happy Saturday.  Looks like it is shaping up to be a wonderful day to get outside and enjoy some sunshine.  I have about 45 minutes before I will be teaching yoga at a park. I am so thankful for this opportunity to teach group classes.  When I started teaching, I was hesitant to teach more than one person at a time.  It seemed easier to assess what the client was looking for.  I didn't have to meld styles or make too many modifications if I focused on one client at a time.

Over time, friends want to introduce you to other people that might be interested in yoga and so I expanded my classes.  I incorporated more people and got comfortable with that setting.  I enjoyed it and making it work for each individual.

My first group class of five people made me nervous.  I didn't know any of these ladies and I was terrified!  What if they didn't like me?  What if that I didn't like my music selection or style?  I was so nervous when I entered the classroom.  

It all worked out and I find myself here. I find myself looking forward to my Saturday session and have loved that I can teach outside.  There is something about laying on the earth during savasana.  That connection and absorbing energy.  Truly rejuvenating!  

This morning will be a small class.  One of my clients just texted that her new puppy woke up at 4:30 and they have been unable to sleep since then.  I am bummed on a few levels but I do understand how important sleep is.  I had a horrible night of sleep on Tuesday.  I woke up around 12:30 and was restless until I forced myself up at 5:30. I didn't want to miss another sunrise yoga session.  The opportunity to be outside and get movement is what I am bummed about for her.  It will be til next year that I am able to offer classes outside.

The class went well.  3/4 of the way through the wind picked up and made it a little challenging to balance. Instead of forcing something, I altered the sun C to make it more approachable.  

Since then, I am trying to be reflective and present.  I could have picked up lunch.  Ramen sounded good or posole.  I remembered that I have red and green chile from Santa Fe.  I should enjoy that!  

I keep seeing posts about being creative, singing, dancing or expressing yourself in ways that we sometimes forget.  We forget how to be joyful or youthful, almost, it seems.  Cutting loose without using a substance.  Listening to music and adding movement sounds amazing.  Yesterday, I had a personal training session.  This was the first time in over a year that multiple trainers were on site offering sessions.  The trainer with a different session was playing the worst music.  I really couldn't handle it.  Rage music.  Pure yelling with no beat or rhythm. Thankfully, it was only fifteen minutes of hell.  

I need to cut this short.  Get outside and enjoy the sun before working tonight.  May you have an excellent day~

No comments: