Friday, November 26, 2021

more contemplation

I was gifted the night off and I graciously accepted it.  I was thinking about a way to opt out of work but with my midwestern upbringing, I almost always work.  There is a tremendous about of guilt associated with taking time off.  I knew that I wanted the night off.  That traditionally, the Friday after Thanksgiving is not super busy. Still, I had agreed to work and would have went in had they not let me know that I had the night off.  Sometimes, you need it, though.  I know that I do.

I purchased a heating pad and am currently chilling on my couch. My lower back has been aggravated all day. The joys of getting older. A few months ago, I had a situation where I could have utilized a heating pad.  I lent mine to a friend when he was experiencing hip pain.  It is now his.  

I can give a little context to to the necessity of a heating pad.  I woke up around 3 a.m. and could not get comfortable.  I moved to my couch to try to distract the discomfort but it was not working.  My laptop is in my living room since I moved it out of my bedroom trying to have less distractions at night.  I could not sleep and thought streaming something might help. As I alternated between trying to lay on my couch and walking around my living room, I googled solutions that might help.  They recommended a heating pad, alleve and a few other options.  I put a towel in the oven to make a mock heating pad.  Thankfully, this helped!  I was able to relocate to my yoga mat, place the hot towel on my back and rest with my legs up the wall.  This was seriously the only way to get comfortable.  A few days later, I put the towel back in the oven and fell asleep.  I woke up to my smoke detector going crazy.  I would not recommend that!  It was annoying to wake up to the beeping!  I figure I should avoid a repeat at all costs.  

I am still contemplating and reflecting on life.  I wish I could travel somewhere to avoid my funk.  I know that it won't change anything.  I will still have to deal with my funk when I return.  I am considering a trip to see my friend, Sara.  I need inspiration, I think. Or a flip to my mindset.

Enjoy your night~

No comments: