Sunday, November 28, 2021

What are you thankful for today?

My friend, Melanie, gifted me a journal of sorts on notecards a few years ago.  I was in the habit of shuffling through the deck and choosing a question of the day.  I think I have ten left before reshuffling and beginning again.

I had been writing out my responses in a journal.  Since I took a break from blogging, I was actively trying to journal.  I have an assortment from gifts from friends and in all honesty, you can never have enough journals.  They are a remarkable gift.  

Back to the question--what am I thankful for today?

Hmmm...my health, first and foremost.  I am very thankful I can still go upside down and that I am healthy to build strength.  I have not had a serious injury for awhile.  My friend, Sara in Santa Fe, recently texted that she broke her ankle.  Ouch!  I had flashbacks to my last ankle sprain.  I remember how challenging my high ankle sprain was four years ago.  Two months of my foot in a brace before finally seeing a chiropractor.  I had tried essential oils, acupuncture, massage.  What can I say I am stubborn.  I knew it wasn't broken but what a mess!  I had started a new job when I first sprained it.  Working 10-12 hour days did not help with the healing.  I found a chiropractor that I loved.  He rehabbed my ankle.  I tried dry needling, cryo and a vascular flush.  I trusted his decisions.  He was exposed as a shaman for the Q conspiracy theorists.  I was shocked, saddened and in disbelief.  He never perpetuated any of that hate with me.

I am thankful for the majority of my life experiences.  😆  I have a bunch of stories that seem crazy and could only happen to me.  Ironically, I am mostly drawing a blank, right now, outside of the shaman.  Or there was a time in Chile where I met Shar at a hostel in Santiago.  It was an american run hostel--grand old home that had many fantastic amenities.  Family night where they made delicious food, an abundance of DVD's, a game room.  And an outbreak of bed bugs.  Awesome.

The owner refused to let people know about it and when I approached him he blamed it on peruvians.  Such a dick!  I relocated to another hostel in Valparaiso and met up with Sharleen.  Another american run hostel but completely different vibe.  We stayed at this location for 5 days and befriended a few of our fellow travelers.  Then, one day, we went to the Pablo Neruda house.  Shar and I walked to the house and it took about 45 minutes to get there.  Spent an hour touring the house and returned to our hostel.  Our things had been broken into.  My ipod was stolen, money taken and my bag slashed. I knew it was one of the guys who was staying at the hostel.  He avoided us for the next day until he departed for another destination.  The owner, this time, was more than willing to file a report for us.  He was mortified that there had been a theft in his hostel.

I did appreciate the chiropractor.  I am thankful for upcoming travel, seeing friends, and doing yoga in Santa Fe.  I will pick up more green chile from La Choza.  I may be gifting some to a few friends and clients.  

I am thankful for this beautiful day in Denver.  I need to get up and get outside.  I have been enjoying my morning coffee and being consistent with writing.  If nothing else, I keep moving forward.  Letting go of things I cannot control.  It is freeing.  

What are you thankful for today?  Contemplate it and put it down on paper.  

No comments: