Friday, November 19, 2021

Friday, movement and ramblings

Happy Friday!  It is a beautiful day in Denver!  Sun is shining and there is so much possibility in the air.  I love seeing the sun shining bright.

I have a few classes today before getting outside and incorporating movement into my day.  My mood improves and I feel better when I get movement.  I know that I am my own biggest enemy.  The overthinking, constant inner monologue and doubt.  Wouldn't it be easier to return to what I know?  

Baby steps and remembering that each day is a new opportunity to be better.  Today is truly gorgeous outside.  I am trying to met my sandwich digest before heading out to City Park.  I am trying to cook more instead of ordering take out.  Take out is super convenient but I struggle with the portion sizes and ingredients.  I am trying to eat cleaner and dining out defeats that purpose.

I had been pretty consistent during the Pandemic.  I had a walking partner where we walked three to five times a week.  It was fantastic.  We would talk politics, current events and other occurrences in our lives.  I really appreciated those walks with Christine.  Sometimes we would conclude to her patio and enjoy some wine.  I suppose the pandemic enabled more focus on quality time and conversation.  During that time, I think, I saw maybe five people consistently.  And that could be a stretch.  I did have zoom yoga classes but the in person meet ups were confined to maybe five people.  And mostly geared at being outdoors.  Seemed safer to meet people and get movement.

I have kept up the habit, somewhat.  I always feel better when I am consistent with movement.  There is so much transformation going on right now.  I keep telling myself to continue on this path and not fall back into learned habits.  I know it is the right thing for me.  

Maybe I should be meditating more.  Could that help?  At least twice a week, I have restless nights.  Nights where my mind refuses to shut off.  I have listened to a few podcasts where people speak of being able to shut down the brain and enjoy pure sleep.  Like 9 hours of sleep.  I could use that!

Topics swing from finances, work stress, relationships.  All seems to create anxiety for me as of right now.  The work stress outweighs the others but each day, I wake up, and believe it's going to be a great day.  And I have had some fantastic opportunities and new clients in the last month.  I think the holidays are off putting me.  People's schedules are all over the place.  It can be challenging.

I do believe in what I am trying to achieve.  Working for myself and bringing yoga to people.  I hope you have a wonderful day. I am finally ready to get outside and enjoy the day!


No comments: