Monday, November 22, 2021

Therapy for the mind and body

Happy Monday!  What a glorious day.  I saw something yesterday and it resonated.

Exercising is therapy for the body

Writing is therapy for the mind.

Loving is therapy for the soul.

I agree with all of these sentiments.  Especially the therapy of the mind.  I have felt better getting some thoughts down on this blog and igniting my creativity.  Or I am trying to light that flame.  Focusing on being consistent is definitely helping!

And I am a huge proponent of movement and exercise. Yesterday, I woke up, sluggish.  I did not have coffee creamer in my house and I was too lazy to go buy some.  Or, at least, that is what I told myself in the a.m.  Eventually, I realized how foolish I was being.  The sun was shining and the weather looked amazing.  Why was I hibernating inside when I could enjoy some time outside?

I grabbed my phone and chose a podcast that I was interested in listening to.  I alternate between the Successful Mind, Millionaire Mindcast, Entrepeneurs on Fire and the Side Hustle Show.  All of them are thoughtful, inspiring and empowering.  Sometimes they get a little preachy and their politics creep in.  When I feel that that is the focus of the conversation I tend to skip the podcast for a while.  I enjoy listening to the podcasts but when politics filter in, I lose interest.  

Immediately, my mood improved.  It was like a rush of endorphins and happiness.  I forget how much I enjoy being outside or how it can reset my mood.  No longer did I feel sluggish or stagnant.  I received great news from a client and an invitation to a friendsgiving.  My first response was a resounding yes!  I am excited to celebrate with friends.  I considered canceling due to our association but then thought better of it.  I know them through a friend of mine.  I am focusing on gratitude, kindness and making new memories.

Keep moving forward and forging new collaborations.  Happy Monday!  Spread some kindness and joy.

No comments: