Sunday, November 21, 2021

Yoga indoors and other news

Happy Sunday!  Here is to another absolutely gorgeous day in Denver/ It's remarkable, truly.  How the weather has held up, inspiring me to get outside and enjoy it.

I taught yoga indoors at a local bar yesterday for the first time.  I had arranged this opportunity by chatting with one of the bartenders about the fact that I teach yoga.  Ironically,. he is not the bartender who hosts the sessions. That duty fell on another guy who is gracious, kind and does yoga.  

We planned on a 9 a.m. class.  I arrived fifteen minutes early with no sign of Jordan.  I was a little skeptical.  I don't really know him that well and I didn't want to hassle him.  I sent him a text then called.  I considered my options and realized that we could go back to the park if need be.  Seriously, the weather is that good.  No wind yesterday and the sun was out sharing its brilliance.  Thankfully, he answered and problem solved itself.  

All of my clients moved the tables out of the way to make space and we waited while Jordan set up the space.  He offered to play music and so we listened to 80's music.  He knew that I listened to Prince earlier in the week and was being respectful of my music choices.  

Three men and one woman attended the class.  I loved it!  The music was sort of all over the place but it worked and we created this fantastic energy and heat.  One of my clients commented that it felt like he was taking a heated class and that he wasn't sure he signed up for that.  Opening the front door alleviated stress of that.  I believe we will develop a following and eventually, I will need to find a new space.  Fun times and all because I finally acknowledged my dream.  Of course, there are challenges and hiccups.  I am committed to working through them.

Outside of that, my weekend has been chill.  I had no plans for Thanksgiving except working.  That is the default way of how to spend the holiday.  Seriously, holidays only exist for me after working at whatever restaurant I am working at.  It is fine and I am thankful for work.  I will be fed which is a benefit.  Less need for me to shop and prep.  I made the mistake of going to a market earlier and it has started.  Already people are scrambling to get the goods for Thanksgiving.  I was a little claustrophobic and annoyed.  Quick trip for me!

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your Sunday!  Mine was great.  Unexpected news, gifts and invitations.  I will be heading to a Friendsgiving on Wednesday.  I cannot wait!  Some of my other friends are hosting on Thursday.  I will figure out something to make for Thursday lunch and then head in to work.  I am hoping for good weather and kindness.

Enjoy your Sunday.  Cheers!

No comments: